BOTH PLANES ARE SOLD

Ok, on saturday I acquired these two NOS Stanley planes from a hardware store inventory closeout, boxes are totally trashed, but these have zero use and still have the factory edges on the irons. Made in England, where production continued after it stopped in the US, and they continued to make worthy planes that were imported into the US at the time; given the item numbering, these date from the late 80's or so, pretty pristine. 

They came with lacquer on the soles and cheeks which yellowed over time, and I removed that with thinner and buffed the balance of it off. Both are dead flat on my jointer table. Many pics at this Flickr album found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...074670187/

The first one is a #6 fore plane, "short jointer" as it was marketed, it can be yours for $70 plus shipping. Teaser pic:

[Image: 48074563501_d2f48ef4e0_b.jpg]

The second one is a somewhat uncommon #5 1/2 , known as a "panel plane" it has a wide iron (same as 6 and 7) and is essentially a jack plane on steroids, longer, wider and excellent for truing panels, hence the name. Yours for $85 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 48074606503_13dede8926_b.jpg]

These don't come up NOS very often, and given how crispy they are I've priced them to sell. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and include your full shipping address so I can quote postage. I don't have paypal or other EFT so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are ok. As always, quality tools I would own (I thought about keeping the #5 1/2 but I have two others), priced for users.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

Very nice samples. The last remnants of an era and very serviceable planes.

(06-17-2019, 09:41 AM)Cian Wrote: Very nice samples.  The last remnants of an era and very serviceable planes.

Yup, they will make good users.

And this didn't take long, both planes just got sold.

Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank goodness they sold before I saw them. I have a real weakness for 6s.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
HANDTOOLS: New Old Stock English #6 and #5 1/2