Helping my son with his expanding business. He wants to mount a cash drawer under their Caeserstone Quartz solid countertop.  He wants to affix the drawer slide/support under the counter somehow.  Is there an adhesive - epoxy, acrylic, whatever - that would work to mount some wood furring strips or blocks under the counter.  Note that there is nothing to mount the slides to on either side under the cabinet since the register drawer is considerably narrower than the cabinet underneath.  The cash drawer mounts I have found on the web do mount to the underside of the counter, not to the sides of the cabinet as in the typical cabinet drawer slides, like Blum's.

Appreciate any ideas and experience with this sort of problem.  Of course sinks and dishwashers are secured to the underside of stone countertops routinely.  But cannot find anything like this cash drawer requirement addressed in my web research.  Thanks.
sleepy hollow

Silicone. Seventeen.

(06-30-2019, 12:19 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Silicone. Seventeen.

Thanks for the post.  What does "seventeen" mean, please?  I am not familiar with that and could not find anything on the web.
sleepy hollow

(06-30-2019, 11:18 AM)sleepy hollow Wrote: Helping my son with his expanding business. He wants to mount a cash drawer under their Caeserstone Quartz solid countertop.  He wants to affix the drawer slide/support under the counter somehow.  Is there an adhesive - epoxy, acrylic, whatever - that would work to mount some wood furring strips or blocks under the counter.  Note that there is nothing to mount the slides to on either side under the cabinet since the register drawer is considerably narrower than the cabinet underneath.  The cash drawer mounts I have found on the web do mount to the underside of the counter, not to the sides of the cabinet as in the typical cabinet drawer slides, like Blum's.

Appreciate any ideas and experience with this sort of problem.  Of course sinks and dishwashers are secured to the underside of stone countertops routinely.  But cannot find anything like this cash drawer requirement addressed in my web research.  Thanks.

Epoxy is what they use as for using strips I would go with a piece of ply to spread the load
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(06-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Epoxy is what they use as for using strips I would go with a piece of ply to spread the load

That's what I was leaning toward.   Any particular type? Or are they pretty much the same other than cure time?  

Good call on the plywood.  

Thanks
sleepy hollow

(06-30-2019, 03:54 PM)sleepy hollow Wrote: That's what I was leaning toward.   Any particular type? Or are they pretty much the same other than cure time?  

Thanks

I use the same one as I use on the stone to stone connections.  I am surprised there isn't ply supporting the top already.  I use PL Premium to secure granite or marble to ply that is supported by cabinets not sure it would be enough to support the weight by itself
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-01-2019, 12:58 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I use the same one as I use on the stone to stone connections.  I am surprised there isn't ply supporting the top already.  I use PL Premium to secure granite or marble to ply that is supported by cabinets not sure it would be enough to support the weight by itself

Right I agree, and I have not been able to inspect the counter to see if there is ply there.  My son tells me there is none under that section of the counter. There are other approaches if that section simply has a cutout for some reason.  Then might be able to add plywood by fastening with strapping to existing ply.  We'll see.  Just want to be ready for the worst.  Thanks.
sleepy hollow

(06-30-2019, 03:54 PM)sleepy hollow Wrote: That's what I was leaning toward.   Any particular type? Or are they pretty much the same other than cure time?  

Thanks

I see.
sleepy hollow

Every post requires 17 characters.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I'd still use silicone.  I'd spread it with a notched tool over a larger piece of plywood and clamp in place for a day.

I'd avoid adhesives that set hard, due to the nature of the cash drawer use (people slam them, speaking from experience).

Silicone adhesive won't let go.  Speakerlab used it to secure 12 - 15" woofers, where the contact area was a 1/2" rim of the driver.  So very small surface area, a lot of magnet weight to resist, and they never let go.  In fact, they were a bear to remove.
Mounting cash drawer under solid quartz countertop