I have been take advantage of by another member on a machinery transaction that was advertised on this forum.  He refuses to ship the goods or refund my payment.  I would like to warn other members not to buy from this individual. How is this accomplished without the forum administrator pulling my post if I identify this person?  This kind of activity compromises this forum for everyone who uses it, as we all trade here with trust and honesty in our dealings with each other.

Administrators, please chime in!
Eric

(07-01-2019, 11:31 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I have been take advantage of by another member on a machinery transaction that was advertised on this forum.  He refuses to ship the goods or refund my payment.  I would like to warn other members not to buy from this individual. How is this accomplished without the forum administrator pulling my post if I identify this person?  This kind of activity compromises this forum for everyone who uses it, as we all trade here with trust and honesty in our dealings with each other.

Why not go ahead and post, and see if the administrators get involved that way?  I hate this happened to you, it's been years since I've done any transactions through this site but when I did, everything was as smooth as silk.  It's a shame that someone has decided to take advantage of the honor system here.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
the moderators can ban the individual, if its proven what you're saying is true. 

though they typically try and stay out of transactions between individuals.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(07-01-2019, 11:31 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I have been take advantage of by another member on a machinery transaction that was advertised on this forum.  He refuses to ship the goods or refund my payment.  I would like to warn other members not to buy from this individual. How is this accomplished without the forum administrator pulling my post if I identify this person?  This kind of activity compromises this forum for everyone who uses it, as we all trade here with trust and honesty in our dealings with each other.

Tell your version of the story. The seller will give their side. (assuming they have a legitimate excuse)

Members of the OT will chime in, the bad seller or buyer will be branded for life and the thread will be closed.
Big Grin
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(07-01-2019, 12:59 PM)CLETUS Wrote: Tell your version of the story. The seller will give their side. (assuming they have a legitimate excuse)

Members of the OT will chime in, the bad seller or buyer will be branded for life and the thread will be closed.
Big Grin

Yes I plan on doing this.  I am waiting on the person to email me complaining about me potentially turning him in.  I have bought from him before and he delivered though it took over a month to receive the item.  It will be 6 months on Thursday I sent him a postal money order for this machine.  I've received numerous emails and promises to send the machine along with two sets of bogus FedEx tracking numbers to no avail.  I trusted him with a postal money order because as I mentioned above he sent the first thing I bought.  It is my stupidity to send a PMO when I would have had recourse with PayPay.  Thanks Cletus and the other posters for the advise, I will look forward to additional advise and support.
Eric

(07-01-2019, 01:16 PM)Eric Commarato Wrote: Yes I plan on doing this. 

Was this in the moving sale thread that no longer exists? Multiple people scammed?

Name the seller.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I believe fraud thru the postal service is federal - I'm not an attorney - but he should certainly think about where this could be headed.

Lonnie
I could be wrong but talking to your local postmaster might help . Using the mail to defraud is a federal crime and your po money order is evidence and they do have postal inspectors who investigate such crimes .Chances are this isn't a one time crime .
(07-01-2019, 11:31 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I have been take advantage of by another member on a machinery transaction that was advertised on this forum.  He refuses to ship the goods or refund my payment.  I would like to warn other members not to buy from this individual...

I believe this is the same bandit who defrauded me. Better to help other members by identifying the bad guy.
Wood is good. 
do what Cletus said, start a new thread.  Tell your side of the story, name the seller.  Stick to the facts, no name calling. and see where it goes.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

How do I warn other members of a scammer without Administrator intervention