...after milling up this pile of Red Oak that will eventually become the rails and styles for my kitchen cabinet doors. 
Big Grin

[attachment=19249]

Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it. 
Smile

If your planer isn’t happy, then you need a bigger one.
Don't know how much you had to remove or what you have for a planer, but that isn't too big of a deal, especially if your blades were sharp. Did you flatten them with a jointer first?

Just curious
(07-06-2019, 06:44 PM)stav Wrote: If your planer isn’t happy, then you need a bigger one.
Because I'm working out of my finished attached garage any woodworking tools I use need to be portable and I don't have a dust collection system at the moment.  My Dewalt 13" planer does a great job for know because of the blower it has on it.  I do have my eyes on a Jet combo 12" jointer/planer but it's too big without a dedicated shop where it can sit in one place. 

(07-06-2019, 07:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Don't know how much you had to remove or what you have for a planer, but that isn't too big of a deal, especially if your blades were sharp.  Did you flatten them with a jointer first?

Just curious
For me this is a large project (247 feet of 2 1/4" X 3/4" thick stock in various lengths) seeing how the largest thing I've built so far is a coffee table and TV stand.  I use a 13" Dewalt planer and I use a planer sled to flatten the boards.  My initial planning is rough because I like to let the boards set for a few days in case they move after the first surfacing.
(07-06-2019, 05:36 PM)Duane N Wrote: Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it. 
Smile

Ain't that the truth, I've heard that a couple of times and had to bite my tongue.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(07-07-2019, 05:46 AM)fredhargis Wrote:
Duane N Wrote: Wrote:Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it.  [Image: yellowsmile.gif]

Ain't that the truth, I've heard that a couple of times and had to bite my tongue.

Crazy
Confused Ummmm...... Why not HD cabinets? 

Just kidding.
Could of made them with A LOT less hassle out of MDF.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Nice job on the planing, Duane - I get it! Nothing like the look of wooden cabinets IMO. Before I bought my 15" planer with a carbide cutterhead, I used a Ridgid 13 incher for years; very nice planer that I still use occasionally. It has a hookup for a shop vac which works quite effectively. Not familiar with your Dewalt but maybe it might work on it also in the future.

Good luck!

Doug
Lot easier than using a cordless planer!
VH07V  
I've got a stack of Casuarina (aka Ironwood). Now if I planed up a stack that size, my little planer would be a bit unhappy, and be asking for a resharp. 
Smirk  Normal hardwoods and softwoods, the Dewalt works fine, and has planed a ton of wood over the years. 

Looking at upgrading to one of the cheaper carbide spiral units (and a box of spare cutters) before I get serious with that stuff.
My planer isn't happy with me after today