I purchased a 10" tool rest for my Jet mini lathe from Rockler. It is touted as having a wonderfully machined surface to slide your hand on and a top rail of stainless steel for the tool. All true.

Unfortunately they did not pay attention to the post that fits in the banjo. It was undersized so the tool rest was sloppy. I called and spoke with a customer representative who immediately said they have been aware of the problem for some time. His solution was to send me a return waybill.

No indication they would attempt to stop selling this item (product # 48674) until they have corrected the defect.

I ordered this on-line because it is an hour drive to my nearest Rockler store. I called the store and they had one on the shelf. They verified it too was a sloppy fit in the banjo of a Jet min lathe.

Now I am looking for a 10" tool rest for my Jet min-lathe that will fit in the banjo. Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Bill

Hey Bill--i just sent you a PM about a guy who custom makes rests and jigs--Rick Herrell. I have no involvement--but have used his stuff and really is top-notch.
good luck,
Earl

(07-10-2019, 06:40 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Hey Bill--i just sent you a PM about a guy who custom makes rests and jigs--Rick Herrell.  I have no involvement--but have used his stuff and really is top-notch.
good luck,
Earl

I remember you saying that one time.  I always wanted a double rest that would span 20" and a nice double curved one so I could rotate in from inside to outside in one whack.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Consider this a bump, but I made one for my Delta lathe (1977) by welding a couple pieces of bar stock in a "T". I know everyone doesn't have a welder, but sometimes you know someone who might do you a favor. I got my stock out of the scrap pile but even if you have to purchase, it wouldn't be very expensive.

Just a thought.

(07-10-2019, 08:04 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Consider this a bump, but I made one for my Delta lathe (1977) by welding a couple pieces of bar stock in a "T".  I know everyone doesn't have a welder, but sometimes you know someone who might do you a favor.  I got my stock out of the scrap pile but even if you have to purchase, it wouldn't be very expensive.

Just a thought.

I did the same to make a 10 inch tool rest.  I picked up a 36" piece of rod at the big box store and welded it with my AC "buzzbox".  I sprayed it with black Rustoleum and called it done.

[Image: 48257892521_e59853b33d_c.jpg]
Not sure can find 10" bar they may have size can use.

While not inexpensive outstanding tool rest.
http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant...olrst-robu

If like modular rest these no bad:
http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant...olrst-mtrs
Bill
Did the same for my Jet. Made one post and 3 rests.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Rockler Customer Support