I did something dumb in the shop this week. I was nearly finished with the base of a side table and had completed the first of two saw cuts to let the power cord out. I moved the base away from the blade so I could readjust the fence and did not pay enough attention to the placement of the base. (You can see it coming, can't you?) Yep. It fell off the table and snapped the neck. I was focusing on what I was about to do (the saw) instead of what I was doing (moving the base) and it bit me.

The break was clean and I was able to put it back together but I was sure annoyed with myself that it was necessary.

As a matter of interest, the Titebond Original glue held in both the glue lines between rings (side grain) and between the segments (end grain). The ash segments are what broke apart. Pretty good glue.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

Sorry to say it happens to me way to often.  mostly not of turning but moving around the house and not paying attention and whacking my elbow or shoulders or knees or  head. 

I keep telling myself to take it easy and not taking shortcuts or really "Not paying attention" does it every time. 
Crazy
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hey man, that is a cool table.  What is the light?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

(07-28-2019, 05:34 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Hey man, that is a cool table.  What is the light?
The table is lit with a 300 lumen, 40 W eq, soft white LED bulb.

To those who suggested it is a floor lamp for really short or horizontal people, maybe you're right.

I'm surprised at how well the design works even though I only have about 16 hours in the entire project.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
No matter how beautiful that light table, I would find it difficult to read with.
Winkgrin

Heck of a nice design!

(07-29-2019, 12:43 PM)daddo Wrote: No matter how beautiful that light table, I would find it difficult to read with.
Winkgrin

Heck of a nice design!

I think he prefers to read while laying on the carpet. Or maybe the dog/cat prefers that?
Laugh

Nice looking lamp!
WoodTinker

(07-29-2019, 12:43 PM)daddo Wrote: No matter how beautiful that light table, I would find it difficult to read with.
Winkgrin

Heck of a nice design!

(07-30-2019, 08:56 AM)WoodTinker Wrote: I think he prefers to read while laying on the carpet. Or maybe the dog/cat prefers that?
Laugh

Nice looking lamp!

It's for Rug Rats to use to read their books.

Great design, I love the it and the implementation.
Yes
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
That's cool, like it!
Next time use a small router with a guide. Less room for error.
Don
I think I saw something like that on “Lost In Space”!
VH07V  
A cautionary tale