I loaned my PC 7549 to my daughter and she said there’s a problem.
Apparently, the shaft roller fell out of the support arm.

I won’t see it for another week or so but the question is, if it can’t be fixed, what’s the replacement these days?
I’m not married to PC if someone makes a better mousetrap.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

One word.

Bosch.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]

(09-07-2019, 12:58 PM)barnowl Wrote: One word.

Bosch.

+1
Yes.
Macky

The wheel of Life is like a toilet-paper roll, the closer to the end you get, the faster it goes around.

Bosch.

+2

I wouldn't even consider another brand for a jigsaw.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(09-07-2019, 12:42 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: I loaned my PC 7549 to my daughter and she said there’s a problem.

I won’t see it for another week or so but the question is, if it can’t be fixed, what’s the replacement these days?
A few months ago I bought the full line-up of cordless 20v PC tools including the vac.....Bought the heavy duty 4 and 6 amp batteries on Ebay for less than half the Lowes price..No more cords to fool with and plenty of power...Hard to beat for occasional use like I put them through.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(09-07-2019, 12:42 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: I loaned my PC 7549 to my daughter and she said there’s a problem.

three words
get a bosch
Stick a new pin in the roller and keep using it. Tossing it seems like a waste of a working tool.

(09-07-2019, 03:09 PM)daddo Wrote: Stick a new pin in the roller and keep using it. Tossing it seems like a waste of a working tool.

Meagan is an engineer; she called and said ‘This pin has fallen out and I don’t see anything mechanical to keep it in.’
She IM’ed me a couple pics from which I can only assume the non-clip side is a press fit and it’s worn.
Until I have it, I won’t know if it’s the pin or the support arm.
Probably repairable. Time will tell.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

Bosch.

What he (and they) said.......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Like 15 or 20 years ago the jigsaw market was rough.  Mostly crap, with Craftsman leading the way.  But even other big name jigsaws kinda sucked.  Bosch started changing all this with IIRC the 1581.  This saw was so far beyond anything else sold your ears would bleed with stories.  But it also had limitations.  So Bosch kept at it and came out with the 1590 which is THE PERFECT JIGSAW!!!

Time passes................................

Current Bosch saws ain't that great and other brands are.

I have a Bosch 1590 and you'll have to trust me it really lives up to the hype.  Its that good.

But I only trot it out on old timers day cause the current crop of Dewalt cordless are just as good and maybe better and you don't have to deal with the cord.  I looked up your model of PC 20v saws and it looks to be clearly in the same Dewalt family but some clear differences.

For corded I'd look for a 1590.  Must be thousands of them sitting unloved on shelves with all the cordless.  All the Bosch at Lowes I would skip.  I haven't been to the Bosch dealer in awhile to see if they have good ones but the Bosch at Lowes are crappola.
Vaping Bad.........
Jigsaw