Second production run. I’ve changed a few things, but it’s mostly the same. The new panels have green-dyed wood. The main lobes of the acanthus are mahogany crotch and curly eucalyptus.

Attached Files Image(s)

Acanthus Marquetry again Paul K. Murphy Second production ru...
Numbers three and four are new. I’m going to try to post individual photos.
This time I did not use the same method. The two panels are of identical construction. Here I do not have premiere partie and contre partie. (Kind of like a photograph and a photographic negative.) In both cases, the lobes of the acanthus are the same woods. That’s holly up there in the cup flower.
LOML came out to the shop to get me the other day and said: Come inside, you have been out here so long your brain has turned to wood. This could be my brain scan  Crazy
BTW, I always enjoy and admire the work you post here. Thank you.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
How and or what did you use to cut the Marquetry?
fall
I’m very much a saw-type marqueteur. I don’t care too much for the knife. Knives have some utility, and I do use them, but the saw is for me. That said, I use 2/0 blades. The 2/0 has 28 TPI if I recall correctly. I’m using a Sakura brand saw with a 21” throat. That’s a parallel arm type, very much like a Hegner or an RBI. These panels were all sawn from a single packet. Allow me to make that clearer: panels 3 & 4 were sawn from one packet. Panels 1 & 2 were also sawn from a single packet, but that was a while ago.
Well it is beautiful work. The color really pops with all the neutral tones. Very effective!
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Excellent!.......
Stunning... plus whatever 17....
Well, Bye...
Paul -

How are the highlights on the leaf edges and stems done?

Phil
Acanthus Marquetry again