Went out the shop this morning and saw I forgot to turn off the inverter yesterday. Does this hurt the inverter being left on. Grizzly 838 lathe.

If I'm going to be gone for a time or storms are predicted I unplug in case of lightning

Have a Jet 1642 and pull the plug most of the time have forgotten to more than once without a problem but have same fears in case of lightning.
Bill
I have vfds that have been on 13+ years. Still fine.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I leave my PM3520b on all the time with all the storms.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't see any reason to leave them on for years as the input bridge is still operational and using unnecessary power. But, I've worked with VFD's for years and if they are going to fail it's usually when you power them up. If any component is weak the inrush will kill it before anything else.
lathe inverter