I have been looking for two threaded hand wheels. Either 3/4"-6 or preferably 1"-5 to be used for either a built in dovetail/ moxon, or a small moxon type work bench with drawers, longer rods, etc . I just need two, so I do not wish to buy the tooling/ taps to make my own. Thank you.
BontzSawWorks.net

(10-21-2019, 08:32 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: I have been looking for two threaded hand wheels. Either 3/4"-6 or preferably 1"-5 to be used for either a built in dovetail/ moxon, or a small moxon type work bench with drawers, longer rods, etc . I just need two, so I do not wish to buy the tooling/ taps to make my own. Thank you.

If you have blank handwheels a local machine shop with CNC could thread mill any size, pitch or style you want.

(10-21-2019, 03:06 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: If you have blank hand wheels a local machine shop with CNC could thread mill any size, pitch or style you want.

At a cost of approx. $100.00 per hour.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
(10-21-2019, 08:32 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: I have been looking for two threaded hand wheels. Either 3/4"-6 or preferably 1"-5 to be used for either a built in dovetail/ moxon, or a small moxon type work bench with drawers, longer rods, etc . I just need two, so I do not wish to buy the tooling/ taps to make my own. Thank you.

Not sure if it's ok to link to the other forum site but, have you seen this?
https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...handwheels

(10-21-2019, 08:57 PM)MyKidsDad Wrote: Not sure if it's ok to link to the other forum site but, have you seen this?
https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...handwheels

Thanks. Interesting method.
BontzSawWorks.net

I built a Moxon vice and used threaded rod and a pipe connector with a wood handles.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Wanted: Threaded hand wheels