Ordered a new robust tool rest for my new to me powermatic 3520, which of course, doesn't fit..  I didn't realize.  This one uses a 1 1/8" tool rest post.  

Any idea where I can find 1 1/8" tool rests?  I'm struggling to find some.  The one I have now, is homemade, and 15" long bar stock.  Too big for what I want to do.

Last month I decided to live it up and bought the robust tool rests and ordered it from Amazon. I have the same lathe. I've noticed that whenever I buy something for the lathe, I measure first and order second. We need the longer posts for our "rests".

(10-23-2019, 10:41 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Last month I decided to live it up and bought the robust tool rests and ordered it from Amazon. I have the same lathe. I've noticed that whenever I buy something for the lathe, I measure first and order second. We need the longer posts for our "rests".

The robust rests don't fit.  that's what I purchased.  They are 1" diameter.. This lathe uses 1 1/8" diameter...
Sad

Where can I find?
My 3520 uses the 1" post.  I use the Robust 9" tool rest primarily.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
That's why I was fooled.  This lathe is the 3520.  Not a 3520a or b...  That's why I ordered the 1".  My mistake.

It uses a larger post size.  But it has the better clamping system according to my research.
Shazam, I didn't know the difference existed.
(10-23-2019, 07:41 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Ordered a new robust tool rest for my new to me powermatic 3520, which of course, doesn't fit..  I didn't realize.  This one uses a 1 1/8" tool rest post.  

Any idea where I can find 1 1/8" tool rests?  I'm struggling to find some.  The one I have now, is homemade, and 15" long bar stock.  Too big for what I want to do.

Carbatet sales a tool rest post that is 28mm in size

tool rest post

Thar is very close to the size you are asking for
You might find it some where else
per the Robust tool rest selection matrix:
http://www.turnrobust.com/robust-toolrest-selection/

Quote:Custom Post Sizes
:  We can usually install a post to fit your lathe.  25mm = $9 upcharge.  30mm = $14 upcharge
Inch sizes available at no extra charge: 3/4”, 7/8” 1‐1/8” & 1‐1/4”.  No charge for extra length.  

IMPORTANT
:  All custom rests require an overall height dimension (top of crossbar to bottom of post) and lathe model.

sounds like it would be worth giving Robust a call.

if you bought it directly from them and if they want to be really nice to you, they might be willing to swap the one that you have (unused) for one with the correct post for the cost of shipping (or shipping plus a small re-stock fee). it does not hurt to ask.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks for this info Clark.  Seems like a good option.
(10-23-2019, 07:41 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Ordered a new robust tool rest for my new to me powermatic 3520, which of course, doesn't fit..  I didn't realize.  This one uses a 1 1/8" tool rest post.  

I do not know what rest you got but maybe you can either return it and go their upsized one or sell me yours.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Powermatic 3520 - 1 1/8" Tool rest post