I can sharpen my vintage steel planes/chisels much better than A2 Want to try PM V11 for my #6 Stanley will it sharpen easier on Norton 8000 water stone opinions sought?

Tim

PM-V11 sharpens the with the same ease as A2. So, no advantage from that perspective.

http://www.pm-v11.com/Images/story_RadarChart.JPG
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(10-24-2019, 04:14 AM)TimW Wrote: I can sharpen my vintage steel planes/chisels much better than A2 Want to try PM V11 for my #6 Stanley will it sharpen easier on Norton 8000 water stone opinions sought?

Tim

Hi Tim - 

You should have no problem with PM-V11 on Norton waterstones....

Cheers - 

Rob
I love my PM-V11 blades. Not a big fan of A2. I use a diamond stone followed by Arkansas stones for everything, and they do fine on the PM-V11.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I find that PM-V11 is slightly harder (more strokes) to hone than O1 but very much easier than A2 - and it is more reliable at angles <= 25º.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
PM V11 or A2?