Since I had some well work done, I've noticed the shower pulses when the handle is between full hot and full cold.  I'm guessing some debris got in it.  I'm wondering if the valve is removed can it be cleared?

I am fairly capable at plumbing, but I'm hesistant to get into this project.  I'm one of those guys who knows enough about plumbing to hate to pay someone to do it.

So how hard is it to do this?

It is a single handle blender type valve.

Newer mixing valves are available at your home center and aren’t expensive. I’d tank it, and replace it.

If it is a Kohler you can call them and they will send you the part for free. But I think they’re only $20 or $30 at HD.

I really like the Kohler stuff.
(10-28-2019, 08:19 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Since I had some well work done, I've noticed the shower pulses when the handle is between full hot and full cold.  I'm guessing some debris got in it.  I'm wondering if the valve is removed can it be cleared?

I am fairly capable at plumbing, but I'm hesistant to get into this project.  I'm one of those guys who knows enough about plumbing to hate to pay someone to do it.

So how hard is it to do this?

It is a single handle blender type valve.

it will depend upon the type.    My shower is a moen and I had to buy a moen shower valve body pulling tool to remove it.   I replaced the body and it works like new.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Take pictures and don't drop anything in the wall. You'll be fine. 

Re-silicone the trim plate when done.
(10-28-2019, 11:44 AM)joe1086 Wrote: ... and don't drop anything in the wall. ...

You had me until you said that.  Dropping stuff in the wall is why my plumbing projects like this turn from two-hour fixes into three day remodels.

Crazy
Access to my shower mixer (both bathrooms) requires removing a wall.  In master bath I can probably open the access from the closet wall, though I don't know how easy it would be to work from the rear.

On the  guest shower it would require demolishing a tiled wall, either the full bath or the one in the half bath. 

My plumber told me that the old shower mixer I have is not up to current code and would have to be replaced if I wanted to remodel the bathroom.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

I watched a couple videos.

I'm calling a plumber [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]
Sometimes that's the correct call......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Go on Angie's List or something similar.  Some plumbers are too entrepreneurial and can charge way too much.  Get references.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
When I had the kitchen faucet (in corner cabinet) replaced by a plumber instead of DIY, I knew I had made the right call when the wiry little guy was contorting the carp out of himself to get it done. He worked fast, still took 45 minutes.

When he was done he said, “you’re so lucky my dad sent me and didn’t come himself, would have taken twice as long.”

You better believe it. He earned that check.
Shower valve question