I'm remaking a new outfeed & side tables for my TS. I have enough veneer to do the job. Has anyone used veneer instead of formica?

it should work.   I'd consider going with a finish that has a bit of stipple so as to reduce suction possibilities.  most laminates have a bit of texture if you look close enough.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Why not.  Sure it may wear out but since you have it - use it.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Of course. You can do it but, I wouldn't. I put formica on my outfeed table (assembly table) a number of years ago. It has taken a beating and has held up well. I can't imagine a wood veneer of any species or thickness doing as well. Save your veneer for a furniture project.

(11-04-2019, 09:02 PM)Willyou Wrote: Of course. You can do it but, I wouldn't. I put formica on my outfeed table (assembly table) a number of years ago. It has taken a beating and has held up well. I can't imagine a wood veneer of any species or thickness doing as well. Save your veneer for a furniture project.

I had formica on the tables I'm replacing and I know it works very well but $$$ is short this time of year
(11-04-2019, 09:02 PM)Willyou Wrote: ...Save your veneer for a furniture project.

This. My outfeed tables are covered with easily replaceable tempered Masonite.
Wood is good. 

(11-04-2019, 09:56 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: This. My outfeed tables are covered with easily replaceable tempered Masonite.

Mine is just a piece of melamine.. 
also serves as the sacrificial base for my track-saw.. all sorts of scars on it! still works just fine as an outfeed.

(11-05-2019, 08:10 AM)mound Wrote: Mine is just a piece of melamine.. 
also serves as the sacrificial base for my track-saw.. all sorts of scars on it! still works just fine as an outfeed.

I hadn't considered melamine. But I already have cut MDF to fit and attached it to the cabinet below.
(11-04-2019, 09:56 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: This. My outfeed tables are covered with easily replaceable tempered Masonite.
How do you attach the masonite if it's easily replaceable?
(11-05-2019, 10:56 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: How do you attach the masonite if it's easily replaceable?

A few tiny wire brads where the Masonite might try to lift.

Tempered Masonite makes the perfect work surface for a workbench. I screw into it to locate bending cauls and such; then just run the belt sander over it later. It's easy on your cutting tools and doesn't mark the workpiece.

[Image: shop-6.jpg]
[Image: saw-bench-1.jpg]
Wood is good. 
Veneer on outfeed table