I’m wondering if anybody knows if there’s anything new on the market. I have used the LED ribbon/tape in the past and actually still have some on hand. But my problem is that I can’t figure out how to easily get the wiring from the corner cabinets (where I have a switched outlet above) across the window where there isn’t a valance to hide it or over the range hood.

So in essence my question is had anybody seen any type of wireless/battery solution that could all be controlled by one unit plugged into my one switched outlet? Or anything that would help me not have to cut the Sheetrock.

I’m really basically just trying to avoid having to cut into the drywalls and/or having to take the hood down.

Here’s some pictures. Ignore the clutter on the counter, we have a baby and a 6 year old and last night was one of “those” nights!
-Marc

I have the same setup in our kitchen with the sink and hood but I cut a groove in the drywall and ran the wire before doing the kitchen. I had too much crap to easily cut a few holes and just pull it across hence cutting a slit in the drywall which was covered with tile later anyway. 

There are some battery operated and remote control LED strip lights now but I don't know of any that will operate from a light switch or control multiple units.
Well, I guess you will have to rip out the entire kitchen and start over.
Big Grin 

or

https://www.amazon.com/SOLMORE-Operated-...381&sr=8-4

They don't mention how long the 3 AAA batteries last and I guess a lot depends on how long the run is.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

(11-07-2019, 03:45 PM)Cooler Wrote: Well, I guess you will have to rip out the entire kitchen and start over.
Big Grin 

or

https://www.amazon.com/SOLMORE-Operated-...381&sr=8-4

They don't mention how long the 3 AAA batteries last and I guess a lot depends on how long the run is.

There are some that use a big battery basically a big phone type power bank. The problem is being able to sync 3 sets of lights with 2 being wireless to a wired set using a regular switch... Not an easy solution unless you do your own electronics.

(11-07-2019, 05:38 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:             There are some that use a big battery basically a big phone type power bank. The problem is being able to sync 3 sets of lights with 2 being wireless to a wired set using a regular switch... Not an easy solution unless you do your own electronics.

I think it comes with a hand held remote switch.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler, I’ve thought about it! The cabinets are crap. I’ve never been happy with them (it was new construction). Typical new home BS dovetailed and soft close drawers and they’re crap.
-Marc

(11-07-2019, 10:18 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I’m wondering if anybody knows if there’s anything new on the market. I have used the LED ribbon/tape in the past and actually still have some on hand. But my problem is that I can’t figure out how to easily get the wiring from the corner cabinets (where I have a switched outlet above) across the window where there isn’t a valance to hide it or over the range hood.

So in essence my question is had anybody seen any type of wireless/battery solution that could all be controlled by one unit plugged into my one switched outlet? Or anything that would help me not have to cut the Sheetrock.

I’m really basically just trying to avoid having to cut into the drywalls and/or having to take the hood down.

Here’s some pictures. Ignore the clutter on the counter, we have a baby and a 6 year old and last night was one of “those” nights!

Make a valance.   
Yes
Easiest way I see is fish a wire up the wall from the switch, take it under the crown to above the cabinet and fish a wire down to where you need it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Up thru a cabinet where lighting exists, across the top against the wall, down thru another cabinet where you want new light.
Rinse & repeat until lighting is done.
Don't ask me. I'm lost too.
How about running all wires down the wall into the base cabinets. Then across to where you need to run them up. The lights I used require a low voltage feed, I used thermostat wire.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
LED under cabinet lighting