Purple Heart-Mahogany -Maple and Walnut. 9" diameter by 1412" high. Turned to 3/8 thickness. 1045 pieces. Cooments and criteuques welcome

1045 pieces???  The only thing I've made with that many pieces was made of Legos 
Laugh   Very beautiful piece.
(11-20-2019, 04:44 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Purple Heart-Mahogany -Maple and Walnut.  9" diameter by 1412" high. Turned to 3/8 thickness. 1045 pieces. Cooments and criteuques welcome

Very nice design, looks well thought out great choices on wood, love the wood the stars are set in too. very nice piece
Yes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
What a wonderful job buddy.   I love the Diamond Plate a lot to.

If you are ever out this way I would LOVE to take some lessons from you!!!!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Really very nice Turner52.... can you tell us more about the wood the stars are surrounded by and do you have any in process photos.
Superb. Excellent.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The surounding wood is mahogany i salvaged from a home remodel about 15 years ago. The home was quite old. Don't really know how old. It was used as the side finished stringers on the stairs. That is the last of it and I am not sure what kind of mahogany it is. The picture is the only pictures I have but show how it was constructed. There are 24 pieces in each of the surounds.
Beautiful work....

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Very nice grain on those pieces it really pops w/the finish.
That is a stunning piece!
Star Vase