Started the other night.  The normal cycle sposta take 105 minutes...ran for 3 hrs before I turned it off.

The quick cycle should run for 39 minutes...nope...it never shut off.

Tried the reset by holding the Start button for 3 seconds...didn't help.

Shut the power off at the panel...waited about 15 minutes and flipped the circuit back on and tried the quick cycle...it ran forever.

Why is it running continuously and is it a part I can fix/replace?

Unit's about 8 years old so it should have some life in it.
Dumber than I appear

(11-30-2019, 06:19 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Started the other night.  The normal cycle sposta take 105 minutes...ran for 3 hrs before I turned it off.

The quick cycle should run for 39 minutes...nope...it never shut off.

Tried the reset by holding the Start button for 3 seconds...didn't help.

Shut the power off at the panel...waited about 15 minutes and flipped the circuit back on and tried the quick cycle...it ran forever.

Why is it running continuously and is it a part I can fix/replace?

Unit's about 8 years old so it should have some life in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjomnZu9wEg
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Wow that was some ugly soldering there but it might fix your dishwasher. 

A common failure on all dishwashers regardless of brand is the relay itself sticking closed. I have replaced them before as they are less than 1$ a piece but... They are rated at 10 amps but in real life they should be rated to maybe 5... In dishwashers with the control panel in the front top of the door I have soldered wires to the board and run the 4 wires out of the box into the cover area and installed a larger capacity relay and it's a one time deal as the relay I put in will carry way more current than needed.
Allen?  That video did the trick!!!

Turns out it wasn't heating up, therefore the machine thought it needed to run until the water was hot enough.  There was a connection on the circuit board that needed a touch of solder (that was a little frustrating getting out, but I figured it out).    

The biggest issue was putting in the "Quick wash" "Normal Cycle", etc buttons back in the correct place.  (Shoulda taken a picture beforehand!)  But I figured it out and it is working fine now.

Thanks again!
Dumber than I appear

(12-02-2019, 09:26 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Allen?  That video did the trick!!!

Turns out it wasn't heating up, therefore the machine thought it needed to run until the water was hot enough.  There was a connection on the circuit board that needed a touch of solder (that was a little frustrating getting out, but I figured it out).    

The biggest issue was putting in the "Quick wash" "Normal Cycle", etc buttons back in the correct place.  (Shoulda taken a picture beforehand!)  But I figured it out and it is working fine now.

Thanks again!

Glad it worked for you.

Allen
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Glad it was a relatively easy fix. Got a call last week from my 88 yo mother, re a Kitchenaid dishwasher making funny noises and not filling with water...found a spoon wedged under the float valve...and a god awful mess in the filter/sump...couple of starts/cancels and the dishwasher was running again...scary part was finding 2 unused soap pods in the bottom of the DW, (tells me she unloaded 2 unwashed loads). Her response was "what are they doing there? I know I didn't put them in there"...

Hope running it dry didn't cause any permanent damage...any thoughts from the basement brain trust?
Thanks in advance
Sir the basement is three floors down.  

Winkgrin
Good to hear. Forgot to add that the solder used in electronics now is lead free so its basically garbage. It doesn't take heat and vibration like real solder. This is why so many electronics like phones and tablets have failures as the solder can't take the heat that the processor produces. 

There are exceptions to the lead free solder regs though. If it's used in a critical application like aircraft and automobiles you can still use leaded solder but most of the industry is going to lead free just so they only have one product line to deal with. If your phone stops working because of crap solder it's not an issue but if something in your cars ecm dies because of it you can loose control of the car and crash. Aircraft aren't as big of a deal as they are double and triple redundant and in a plane you have allot more time to work the problem to get it on the ground vs in a car where it could end up with you smacking something in less than a few seconds.
Bosch dishwasher runs and runs...why?