For a beginning flatstock woodworker. I need to cut some dadoes for drawers I want to build
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.

There's several answers to that depending on how much you want to spend. At the most expensive end there is the Infinity Dadonator (not for Sawstop saws) or possibly the Forrest Dado king. Towards the lower end there's the Freud SD208, at the bottom there's the HF set. Somewhere in here is the Freud Super Dado (SD 508) and I've used that set for a very long time (sharpened 3 times). When comparing the sets, notice the less expensive ones usually have fewer chippers and use a spacer to get certain widths, they also have fewer teeth on the chippers (typically 2) and the outer blades (variable, but normally 24). The more expensive have 4 teeth on the chippers and generally have no spacers, they actually have chippers that fill the width. The Dadonator has 6 teeth on the chippers and is regarded by many as giving the smoothest cut and flat bottom (many sets leave a small nick in the corner of the cut). Being a little more specific on how much you want to spend will you get some more details.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

The Dewalt (previously Delta) 7670 8" dado set is pretty good in the ~$100 range.

I'm currently using an old 6" freud set that I don't like as much as the 7670 set.
(Freud has a number of models, so some of these may be better than the others)

I've heard the Forrest set is very good, but also quite expensive.

Matt
My first "real" dado set was the Freud SD206; bought it at a WWing show for about $70, IIRC.  Gave acceptable performance, and was an easy push for my Delta contractor saw, which I had at the time.  Bottoms weren't particularly flat and there was a fair amount of tearout owing to the fewer number of teeth (see Fred's comments about the chipper sets).

When I upgraded to my cabinet saw, I also upgraded to dado stack to the Freud SD508.  Can find it easily at many places for well under $200.  I like it; have been using it since 2012.  It has a smoother cut than the 206.  Shims are used to fine tune the stack thickness.  The 508 certainly does what I need.

I looked at the "Dial-a-Width" setup some years back, but the contractor saw I had at the time wouldn't accommodate it, and I have not seriously considered it since.
I have a positive hook angle Freud set that I got for my table saw. 

I then got a radial arm saw and had to buy a negative hook angle Freud set for that. 

The negative hook angle cuts so much more cleanly that I have not gone back to the original except for particle board or MDF.  It shows up mostly in tearout on plywood and chipping on melamine.  There is almost none of either with the negative hook angle set.

The negative hook angle is a slower cutting blade, but it seems like a good trade-off to  me.

I've had both sets for close to 20 years and i cannot supply model numbers.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I've got the Freud Pro SD208 and have used it on my Craftsman table saw, then on my Jet cabinet table saw and finally on my SawStop. It leaves a nice flat bottom and cuts cleanly. Just what I want it to do.

You'll have choices between 6" and 8" diameter blades. Obviously, the 6" blades don't have as much depth capacity as the 8" but how often are you going to need a really deep dado? I've got the 8" "just in case".

Do not get a Craftsman dial-a-width dado set. It's a great idea but those things leave a slightly curved bottom which can be a pain to deal with. Other dial-a-width dados may or may not have that problem.
I have the Oshlun 8" set. I have no complaints. 
8" and 6" At Amazon

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I'm on my second sears wobble dado. Never had a problem with them.
Never experienced a curved bottom as stated above.
Keep them sharp. They can be sharpened.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Anyone familiar with the Avanti brand  (24tooth)?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
I also have the Dewalt set.
Like it a lot, and would buy again.
Cuts great dados.
It has a great storage case. Keeps carbide separated! No chips.
Love setup instructions.
Find the width you need in the list, and set up blades and chippers listed. Perfect sized dados.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Dado blade set recommendation please