Good evening folks

I am in the market for an air filter. My needs are at least 750cfm. Jet has somewhat cornered the market and that was my initial go to product. I have read mixed reviews about issues with the air filter being on the same circuit as fluorescent lights.

Please let me know your thoughts if you are a current owner or have another product that works for you. My old shop I used a box fan with air filters. That was ok. In this shop my preference is to step it up a notch and get a solid product.

Thanks for your input.
PJ
Plympton, MA

(01-07-2020, 09:17 PM)pjohnson Wrote: Please let me know your thoughts if you are a current owner or have another product that works for you. My old shop I used a box fan with air filters. That was ok. In this shop my preference is to step it up a notch and get a solid product.

Thanks for your input.

I have a 1400 CFM Grizzly G9956 - Heavy-Duty Double Air Filter with Remote Control hanging in my shop. I have 10' ceilings so it accommodates the extra large size. I hung the remote control by the light switch at the door so I can just hit the on button when I enter the shop and turn on the lights. I have it set to default for 4 hours on the timer but you can set it for 2, 6 or 8 also. Works great in my 24'x36' shop hanging at one end.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
(01-07-2020, 09:17 PM)pjohnson Wrote: Good evening folks

I am in the market for an air filter. My needs are at least 750cfm. Jet has somewhat cornered the market and that was my initial go to product. I have read mixed reviews about issues with the air filter being on the same circuit as fluorescent lights.

Please let me know your thoughts if you are a current owner or have another product that works for you. My old shop I used a box fan with air filters. That was ok. In this shop my preference is to step it up a notch and get a solid product.

Thanks for your input.

Saw this on slickdeals this morning and almost posted it - WEN 3417 $200.02: slickdeals WEN 3417

Direct link to Amazon: Amazon WEN 3417

Lowest price ever camelcamelcamel:  camelcamelcamel WEN 3417

I do NOT own the WEN so I cannot comment on the quality, etc.  I have the Jet.

P.S. - Just looked on Amazon and it looks like they are out of stock - deal over.
P.P.S. - Back in stock.  Still $200.02 as of 1/8/2020 6:21 am CST.
I'm building one.

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7351184
Semper fi,
Brad

I've had the Jet for a year or so.  No problems so far.  Works as advertised and takes a standard sized air filter cartridge.  I run it while in my basement shop and for 2 hours after I shut off the lights.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
i've had the Jet 1000 CFM model for probably 20 years. The starter capacitor on the blower motor just took a dump but I was able to get a replacement capacitor and get it back up and running for 10 bucks. I put a el cheap-o furnace filter in front of it to minimize replacing the more expensive Jet filters.
(01-07-2020, 09:17 PM)pjohnson Wrote: Good evening folks

Thanks for your input.

In June 08 I purchased a Jet 1500 ($395 not sure how that compares to today's prices). Has worked for me as expected, I replaced the outer filter with a washable one, long overdue to replace the inner one. I have a 700 sf shope with 10' ft walls. I usually use it when sanding pretty much throughout the summer to circulate the air more. I'm pretty challenged  on calculating cfm. Hope all works out for you.
I've had the Jet afs-1000 for about 10 years now and never had an issue with it. When using the big belt sander dust goes everywhere and the filter will have the room clear in about 10 minutes.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Air Filter