I have a number of hand power tools with cords that I no longer use and would be willing to donate them rather than throw them out. I do realize that battery operated tools are more portable and in fashion, however, these tools are still functional in spite of having cords.

Any suggestions. I am in Maryland.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

My first impulse would be a local Habitat organization, not the restore, but the builders.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Agree with Admiral, The Habitat organization would be a great place.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I sold all mine through CL or FB Market.
Semper fi,
Brad

How about a veterans help group? You could look up some groups on Mike Rowe's Returning the Favor on FaceBook.
Not everyone wants battery operated tools. I still hold out for cords as much as possible just because of how infrequently I get to use them. When I do, I don't want to be standing around waiting for batteries to charge.

(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)stav Wrote: Not everyone wants battery operated tools. I still hold out for cords as much as possible just because of how infrequently I get to use them. When I do, I don't want to be standing around waiting for batteries to charge.

I have to agree. I wont buy a battery powered tool. The form and fit of the batteries constantly change, then become obsolete before the tool wears out. Then you have to buy a new one. Sort of like the induction hardened hand saws, throw aways. If I need a portable power screw driver or drill, out comes the bit brace, which is what I use when I tap my maple trees.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.

Cordless tools like cordless routers or drills are great but they will never replace the corded versions in my shop. Unless you have a spare charged battery ready, your flow of work can be interrupted. I always have a corded drill in my shop for heavy and prolonged boring tasks. The jigsaw is another example where a corded version can be handy.

Simon
I dunno about *constantly*.

Don't battery systems have a 10-15 year life cycle?

I'm okay with that.
Semper fi,
Brad

I maintain two spare batteries for my DeWalt 20V system on the chargers at all times.
Semper fi,
Brad

Hand Power Tools?