Hey kids-

So I was planing some WRC yesterday and it was struggling to feed the boards thru (in fact, at one point I went around the other side and started pulling them through).  "Ok", I thought, "the belt's gone."  I just took the cover off and changed the belt (the old one did have some wear spots on it) and ran a piece of oak through it and the picture shows what I'm getting.  I'm also getting a very faint whiff of burnt rubber.

I browsed the innerweb and found this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_d1GvwmTjE   He (a nice British chap) talks about replacing the rollers.  Unfortunately he doesn't mention any symptoms as to why you'd replace them, but I'm wondering if that's the root cause of my issue.

The machine's about 15 yrs old so I don't mind changing the rollers if that'll help my cause.  Anyone else encounter this scenario?  If so, did changing the rollers help out?

Lastly, where'd you buy your new rollers from.  I briefly searched that Great Big River in Brazil 
Wink  website but came up dry.
Dumber than I appear

I started with the 734 and now on my 3rd 735.  It has been my experience, rubber on the board & or the need to pull, the blades are dull.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

(01-15-2020, 09:56 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I started with the 734 and now on my 3rd 735.  It has been my experience, rubber on the board & or the need to pull, the blades are dull.

Hi Bill,

I forgot to mention that I just changed the blades 2 weeks ago.  Strange
Dumber than I appear
Sorry...that's all I got.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Try waxing the bed and infeed/outfeed tables.  Also, take a little alcohol and clean the rollers.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

What Bill Wilson said...wax the bed, wipe the rollers and you'll be back in business.
earl
Dewally 733 lunchbox planer, I'm getting rubber on the boards?