Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

(01-17-2020, 01:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

I picked one up thinking I might rewire my dust collector. So right now it is nothing but a dust collector itself <grin>
Let me make sure I can put my fingers on it and that it works. I purchased it used, and have never tried it...
I am in PA
Brian

(01-17-2020, 02:15 PM)brianwelch Wrote: I picked one up thinking I might rewire my dust collector. So right now it is nothing but a dust collector itself <grin>
Let me make sure I can put my fingers on it and that it works. I purchased it used, and have never tried it...
I am in PA
Brian

Brian, let me know.  I did have a used one given to me but it was DOA.

(01-17-2020, 03:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Brian, let me know.  I did have a used one given to me but it was DOA.

Will do...Sometime this weekend  most likely
Thanks
(01-17-2020, 01:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

If you have interest in building one I can help you figure out how to do that.

Mikie

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-17-2020, 02:30 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: If you have interest in building one I can help you figure out how to do that.

Mikie

Mikie,  I saw a couple write ups online about doing that but it seemed like the supplies (contactor/relay, box, remote, plug, recept, wiring, connectors, etc) would end up costing me $50 or more with shipping.  A new one from Grizzly is only $65.  Didn't seem like a big advantage to do it that way.  It would be an option if I knew someone locally that was an electrician who could get me the stuff at cost.  But the only electrician I know charges me $75 an hour!

Thanks
Ricc

(01-17-2020, 03:28 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Mikie,  I saw a couple write ups online about doing that but it seemed like the supplies (contactor/relay, box, remote, plug, recept, wiring, connectors, etc) would end up costing me $50 or more with shipping.  A new one from Grizzly is only $65.  Didn't seem like a big advantage to do it that way.  It would be an option if I knew someone locally that was an electrician who could get me the stuff at cost.  But the only electrician I know charges me $75 an hour!

Thanks
Ricc

The advantage of building it yourself is:

1. It works with ANY size dust collector you size the contactor for - you are not limited to 2-3 hp or 20 amps in most cases.
2. When it breaks (remotes fail or whatever) the fix is as cheap as $10
3. Designed now you can have it switched on with your phone or alexa or any smart remote smart home setup

But I get the lure of just buy it and hook it up and go

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Ricc

This is the one I bought and it works marvelous and works when hidden from the handheld one is not even pointing at it.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ote/T26674

Only $59.95
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(01-17-2020, 03:56 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ricc

This is the one I bought and it works marvelous and works when hidden from the handheld one is not even pointing at it.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ote/T26674

Only $59.95

Thanks Arlin,  that's the one I was looking at.  But thought I'd see if anyone had a used one laying around since I'm on a disability income

Ricc

(01-17-2020, 04:52 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Thanks Arlin,  that's the one I was looking at.  But thought I'd see if anyone had a used one laying around since I'm on a disability income

Ricc

I really know how that is.

I would like to help you if that is OK.  I have a few $$ in my paypal
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector