I bought this set of chisels on Facebook market place today for $20 (gloat). I know all about the Maples chisels but am curious on how the Buck Bros compare. I cannot find any info online.

Attached Files Image(s)

I've never seen those kind of handles on Buck Bros chisels. Depending on when they were made, they could be just average to slightly below average steel (recent issues), or very good steel (vintage issues). Buck Bros is now owned by Great Neck Saw, which is a lower quality brand. Vintage Buck Bros edge tools are pretty decent. They made their own steel. Lots of decent vintage carving tools out there by Buck Bros. Megan Fitzpatrick reviewed the acetate (yellow transparent plastic) handled ones several years ago and gave them a passing grade, but she noted they required a fair amount of prep to get them in good working order. I say test them out and give us a report.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Red handle Buck Bros Chisels