I do not know about you but I like my tools to look nice as well as be functional so I have stripped and repainted both of them.

They have been precision ground and are flat and the sides ground square to the bottom. 

The blades have been touched up both top and bottom so no or very little honing is necessary when sharpening.

Other than listed there is nothing to buy, no cleaning, no hours of  tedious lapping. Ready to go except for sharpening. Most people prefer to sharpen themselves  and to help keep my costs down I do not sharpen, but for an extra $10 I will do that also.

First up is a Keen Kutter K 4. I think the K series is the best deal going. It is the same plane as the Bedrock round side. Stanley just changed the casting numbers when it introduced the flat side. I put a picture of a flat side and this one side by side so you can see the frog seating is the same.

It has sat around for quite a while because I didn't have t knob or tote, so there are a few dark spots because of casting porosity. And one wouldn't know they were there except for the quality of the grind.

I finally stumbled on a tote and high knob I made out of cherry. The front knob has an open pitch pocket but doesn't effect function. The plane originally came with a low knob so if it is a problem to you it has been noted.

Also it has a small blade adjuster and  a lot of people prefer the large one so if purchasing I can swop for a larger one, just note it .  Asking $90 plus shipping 

[attachment=23267]

[attachment=23268]

[attachment=23269]

[attachment=23270]

[attachment=23272]

[attachment=23271]

[attachment=23271]

[attachment=23273]

[attachment=23274]

Had to do it this way because of pictures . Asking price is $ 80 plus shipping.  Actually $95 shipped anywhere conus priority  mail flat rate.

The only thing to note is that the rose wood tote has been reglued.

[attachment=23275]

[attachment=23276]

[attachment=23277]

[attachment=23278]

[attachment=23279]

Thanks for looking 

Tom
Keen Kutter is sold pending.

Tom
I have a very nice Bailey #4C for sale.It has been precision ground flat. This one is flat within .001.  The sides have also been ground square to the bottom and the ground finishes helps reduce friction making it easier to use on a shooting board for small pieced and wax only improves the slide even more. The japanning is about 99% so I am not sure if I stripped and repainted it or if it is original japanning, I cant really tell. The knob and tote is rose wood as far as I can tell.

The blade has been tickled so there is no or little lapping the flat surface.And the bevel angle is in good shape so it won't take much to sharpen. find most woodworkers prefer to sharpen their
 own tools and since I already have a several hours in it and to help to keep it at a reasonable cost I do not sharpen but for $10 more I will.

Quality is long remembered after a cheap price is forgotten so for this precision ground plane I am asking $80 plus shipping.

Anyway pictures sa it best.

[attachment=24080]

[attachment=24081]

[attachment=24082]

[attachment=24083]

[attachment=24084]

Thanks for looking,

Tom
Sent PM regarding 4C.

(02-16-2020, 09:24 PM)Chad_Pearson Wrote: Sent PM regarding 4C.
Sold pending
a couple of smoothers