I don't want to remove the tile its too much work.  I was thinking of covering with cement board, but I'm wondering it I can apply directly since the tile has some texture.

If so, any particular bonding cement or mastik?

It can be done and there are specific materials to do so and they usually require the old tile be prepped. Just google tile over tile and you will find more than you ever wanted to know.
The temptation is there.  Removing old tile, especially if it was done properly, can be a huge task.

But putting new over old will add nearly a half inch to the height of the floor, which may make for some interesting transitions from room to room.  (And interesting trip hazards.)

The original mosaic porcelain tiles in my bathrooms (circa 1953) were immensely difficult to remove.  The 12" x 12" builder-grade tiles in my kitchen popped up as easily as removing candy dots.

[Image: Homemade-Candy-Dots-7.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I know tile over tile can be done but as mentioned the trip hazard, especially as we age. I have removed tile that was put down with thinset over 1 1/8" plywood. It was a real chore but with a 5 - 6 foot pry bar it came up pretty easy. It was the clean up that was the most work. You could hire someone to do the demo, teens in the area looking for some extra cash.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(02-06-2020, 02:11 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: ...teens in the area looking for some extra cash.

Sometimes they turn out to be law enforcement, which is impressive for their age. But they usually don't want to help with construction projects. Kids these days...
Like mentioned I'm not a big fan of tile over tile either. But if it's a regular house and it's on a slab then just knock it off as it's easy and fast. If it's a pier and beam or second floor then demo is a pain which usually involves removing the subfloor. Sometimes you get lucky and they did a crappy install and it comes off the subfloor easy but if it was done right it will be a nightmare... I pity the guy that pulls up the tile in our kitchen and laundry room... 1x6 doug fir tongue and groove with a layer of 5/8 dougfir plywood on top of that and then tile board thinsetted and screwed to the floor... 

If you have a case where they cheaped out and put the tile right on the subfloor then it's a relatively easy demo. Start popping tile and grind/scrape off the old thinset.

It is on Concrete porch steps
Googling tile over tile thx.

(02-06-2020, 09:42 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: It is on Concrete porch steps
Googling tile over tile thx.

I've done it a few times without issue.  Just use the right adhesive.  The other thing is is make sure all the current tile is tight. 

I would not put cement board on the existing tile.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Tile over tile?