Hi everybody,

My name is John Fry.  I used to be active here a long time ago and thought I'd just check in to see what is going on in the Woodnet world.

I haven't been to active for the last six years or so, but I recently retired from another business and have moved to Southern Colorado. I'm going to build a new shop and get back in the woodworking game if I still remember how to do this stuff.  I still have every piece of equipment and spent a boat load of money moving everything from CA.

I hope to be checking in often now and see what is going on with all the new Woodnet people, all the new talent, and maybe there is even a couple of old timers here that I still know.

John A. Fry
formerly Chisel and Bit Custom Furniture
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

(02-17-2020, 12:24 AM)John Fry Wrote: Hi everybody,

My name is John Fry.  I used to be active here a long time ago and thought I'd just check in to see what is going on in the Woodnet world.

I haven't been to active for the last six years or so, but I recently retired from another business and have moved to Southern Colorado. I'm going to build a new shop and get back in the woodworking game if I still remember how to do this stuff.  I still have every piece of equipment and spent a boat load of money moving everything from CA.

I hope to be checking in often now and see what is going on with all the new Woodnet people, all the new talent, and maybe there is even a couple of old timers here that I still know.

John A. Fry

Hi John,

So great to hear from you and welcome back! Someone on this board was asking about you a couple of weeks ago. Glad to hear that you are getting back into woodworking and hope you enjoy your new home in Colorado. Will look forward to those wonderful and instructive pics you used to post on your projects!

Doug Tapper
Welcome back, John! Great to have you around here again.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Good to hear from you John!!!!!!!!!!

For some newer folks, John makes wonderful creations!!

(02-17-2020, 01:19 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Good to hear from you John!!!!!!!!!!

For some newer folks, John makes wonderful creations!!

He sure does, and is completely self taught !!!

Welcome back John !!!

Great to see !!

Yes
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Nice to see you're still kick'n.  You were one of the several that inspired me and answered many of my questions.  

Glad to have you back!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Welcome back John, looking forward to seeing what you will be working on next!
Welcome back to Woodnet! Enjoy your return to WWing.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Welcome back, John.  I remember that you posted some great projects.  One project still sticks out for me.  It was a drum-shaped end table.  YOu may not remember it, but it struck me "just so."  It's what made me finally realize that not everything had to be square.

Looking forward to new stuff from you!
(02-17-2020, 12:24 AM)John Fry Wrote: Hi everybody,

John A. Fry

Wow welcome back! I remember all the crazy cool projects you'd make working for a designer.. Hope to see more stuff like that!
Old, Old member