We have a typical double sink arrangement in our master BR dressing area. They are of the ceramic drop-in type and one of them has hairline cracks. So, replacement is in order. The counter top is is good shape and securely mounted. So, I don't need/want to replace it. The problem is that the sinks are securely glued down with calk and look like they are going to be difficult to remove without damaging the plastic laminate counter top. My first thought is to use a hammer and broom technique. I'm reluctant to try wedging up the rim in hopes that the whole sink will pop loose (it may). I'm afraid of cracking or pulling loose the laminate. Any better ideas?

What about piano wire or some other similar wire that you could pull and saw through the caulk/adhesive? Heavy fishing line? A pic of the area is always nice.
I would try cleaning up the caulk and lifting it.  Not too many sinks are glued down.  Glued up, yes
If you try to cut it out, you still might be using something like a single edge razor and risk damaging the top.

Something that works "sometimes" for me when I'm trying to stay away from solvents and sharp tools is 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Not the 70% stuff. I use this for silicon and polyethylene bonds. There are no solvents for these so I try to break the bond as opposed to melting it. I use it in a spray bottle. So I try to lift an area and spray it. Hoping it breaks the bond and keep lifting and spraying and hopefully it peels off. What it does is it wets the bond and gets between the surface and the adhesive. Kinda like soap. Soap isn't a solvent for dirt, it just helps release it better than plain water.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Curious... Have you looked underneath for anchors?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Interesting ideas. I've got another project to finish first but, when I get to it, I'll give them a try.
The hammer and broom seems like more fun though ;>)

No anchors underneath.
Ifg and only if the above methods do not work, what I usually do is run a utility knife around the edges several times. I then use a thin pry bar, https://www.truevalue.com/pry-bar-scrape...egree-bent , similar to this. I work the pry bar around the edges and recut the adhesive as necessary. Eventually, it comes free. Patience is the key. I do this professionally, if that makes a difference. 
Winkgrin
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-05-2020, 10:17 AM)Willyou Wrote: We have a typical double sink arrangement in our master BR dressing area. They are of the ceramic drop-in type and one of them has hairline cracks. So, replacement is in order. The counter top is is good shape and securely mounted. So, I don't need/want to replace it. The problem is that the sinks are securely glued down with calk and look like they are going to be difficult to remove without damaging the plastic laminate counter top. My first thought is to use a hammer and broom technique. I'm reluctant to try wedging up the rim in hopes that the whole sink will pop loose (it may). I'm afraid of cracking or pulling loose the laminate. Any better ideas?

I had a job where the kitchen sink was a very heavy ceramic single bowl. Probably weighed 35 lbs or so. It had a crack from the basket to the rim and had to be replaced. I disconnected the plumbing and placed a car axle support stand under the sink in case it broke while removing it. 
I used a painters hook knife tool to cut thru the caulk. This tool is heavy duty and when sharp cuts caulk easily. I had to hone the tool first even though it was brand new. The sink broke in half when I began to lift it with a thin prybar. Came out easily then. I cleaned the caulk residue with a razor tool meant for removing paint from window panes. 
mike
Mask around the sink and use a scraper blade on a Multitool, don't have one? pick one up from HF for under $20 and you'll wonder why you didn't have one years ago.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13

(03-06-2020, 08:19 AM)splinter7612 Wrote: Mask around the sink and use a scraper blade on a Multitool, don't have one? pick one up from HF for under $20 and you'll wonder why you didn't have one years ago.

Good idea, better than the painters tool I recommended.
mike
BR Sink Removal