SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

I am offering a 15"Atlas made (Craftsman branded) bench top drill press for sale.  Model 101.03621.  This machine and motor have been completely disassembled, cleaned and painted.

All 7 bearings have been replaced - 2 in the quill, 2 in the column at the top of the spindle, 2 in the motor and 1 in the multi speed pulley.

Drive system - 1/2 HP, 1750 RPM, single phase, 110 Craftsman motor.  It has been completely disassembled, cleaned and painted and reassembled with new sealed bearings.  There is a multi speed pulley that results in 12 speeds from 175 to 7800 RPM's.  The machine also has a cast aluminum belt cover that is hinged to a cast iron base.  There is an integrated 110 outlet for any potential accessories.

The spindle has a JT33 nose with a threaded release collar.  The chuck is a new keyed Jacobs JT33 1/32" to 1/2" - key included (chuck is not shown in the pictures).  Run out on the spindle nose is less than .001".

I would like to get $350 for the package - reasonable offers are welcome.  I am in Winston Salem and could deliver within a 2 hour radius for some contribution to gas.

Thanks for looking

[attachment=24687]

[attachment=24688]

[attachment=24689]

[attachment=24690]

[attachment=24691]

[attachment=24692]

Rick
Rick

That is very cool. If I was closer, hmmmmm
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
A real machine tool, made in the USA. These don't come along all that often folks: if you are close by you should be jumping on this! .001 runout: NICE!!!!
I love vintage restorations! Great work!!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]

That looks very nice.  Both distance and price are higher than my usual, but I'm torn.  It looks worth it.

Here is a link to the manual.  In that document, I can't find the spindle stroke, but it does say the spindle stop gauge is calibrated 0-4", so it likely has a 4" stroke -- longer than new presses unless they are quite pricey.
SOLD - PP FS: Craftsman (Atlas) 15" Bench Top Drill Press