I was able to finish my basement project of wainscoting around the pool table. I used Zinzser sealcoat and then flat lacquer.

I custom made the light above to pool table. It was a challenge with the main duct runs right above it.

Turned out great, now I just need to buy a few more lightbulbs

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-15-2020, 08:09 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: I was able to finish my basement project of wainscoting around the pool table.  I used Zinzser sealcoat and then flat lacquer.  

I custom made the light above to pool table.  It was a challenge with the main duct runs right above it.

Turned out great, now I just need to buy a few more lightbulbs

You did a very nice job, I like the panels. Must have been expensive for the wood. Are the panels plywood or solid wood?
mike
Panels are 1/4 plywood, A1 grade. The Stiles are solid african mahogany. I resawed the wood to make those pieces.

I pulled down drywall to insulate the freezing basement and ended up taking down ceiling because soffits framing was substandard. I put up 1/2" plywood on the bottom half so I could nail the wainscoting anywhere.

The plywood was part of my dad's inventory when I sold off his wood business about 5 years ago. I kept it specifically for this purpose. I used 7 sheets to get job done. My dad's cost was about $34 bucks a sheet wholesale. I learned a lot about wood, plywood and industrial machinery when I liquidated his business.

Lumber was all 10 ft african mahoghany most about 12 to 14" wide before surfacing. Nice stock but happy to have garage space back.
I like what you did with the electric panel. I did something like that for my brother and his basement. Except I made it blend into the wall and matched the panelling and top sheetrock. Put those push to open latches on it. One of these days I need to add lights to my walls like I had planned in my game room. Other things come up.
John T.
African Mahoghany