Finally finished my version of the Christian Becksvoort Display Cabinet.  A challenging project to be sure.  

[attachment=25210]

[attachment=25211]

[attachment=25212]

[attachment=25213]

[attachment=25214]

That looks really nice, well done. I can’t to clear out some of my backlog of projects so that I can build some projects from his most recent book.

Thanks: the plans for this are available from an old issue of FWW. I have his recent book, but I am embarrassed to admit that I have not gotten to it yet!

(03-22-2020, 06:02 PM)Matt Swiderski Wrote: That looks really nice, well done. I can’t to clear out some of my backlog of projects so that I can build some projects from his most recent book.
Nice work! That looks great. Excellent craftsmanship.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

Thanks! Unfortunately I could not capture the chatoyance with the camera: it is all curly cherry and when the light is just right it really shows well.

(03-22-2020, 06:23 PM)Aram Wrote: Nice work! That looks great. Excellent craftsmanship.
Very nice!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard

Thanks Curt: wow, 3 Cool Faces, you are too kind
Smile

(03-22-2020, 08:00 PM)cputnam Wrote: Very nice!  
Cool  
Cool  
Cool
Beautiful work and beautiful wood, Phil! The top figure with the exposed dovetails is stunning.

Hope all is well, neighbor.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. You are probably amazed that I finally got this out of the shop!
We are all still healthy here: for now.

(03-22-2020, 09:06 PM)kwadams Wrote: Beautiful work and beautiful wood, Phil! The top figure with the exposed dovetails is stunning.

Hope all is well, neighbor.

Kevin
Beautiful work, including the wood selection and grain orientation. Stunning.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Christian Becksvoort Display Cabinet