Usually, I tend to follow large projects with a small box or two......and, once I get healed back up..have a stack of 1/4" Pine slats to work with....

Have a few small planes that could use a box to call "Home".....hmmmmmm....stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Ok, hobbled to the shop for a bit...trying to keep things moving....on me. 
Set up a zero clearance overlay, on the tablesaw.   Then set the fence for a 1/4" away from the saw blade I had raised all the way up.....2 passes were needed to get a 1/4" thick slice off of a 3/4" thick pine board.    2 more passes, and I had 2@1/4", and 1 @3/16" thick parts.....set the thin stuff aside....the 1/4" stuff...
Confused 
[attachment=26871]
Set aside,  some were ripped for width, and some left alone...
Rolleyes  
[attachment=26872]
To make the box-shaped cover....managed to get 5 parts set aside..
Winkgrin  
[attachment=26873]
Parts that will match the inside box...like the ends...
[attachment=26874]
And the sides and a plywood bottom...
Cool  
[attachment=26875]
Need to heal me up, and set up for the finger joints for the corners.....bottom will just be glued in place.   Then I can build the cover, and get them to fit each other...then on to the next box....figure there is about 14 of these little planes I can box up....might take a while
Confused 

Stay tuned...
Hmm

Three posts I commented on yesterday do not show like this one.

Well I will be watching what you make again.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Sore knee,  making things a bit hard to do....like going down the stairs to the shop...hand plane to flatten a couple parts..
[attachment=26887]
To make sure the two sides will match up enough I could score a line around them..
Rolleyes
[attachment=26890]
Marking gauge set to the thickness of the ends.   1/8" sash chisel to set the spacings....then make a few cuts..
Winkgrin  
[attachment=26891]
Then, using the same chisel, chop out the waste...
[attachment=26892]Use these fingers to lay out the next set of fingers.....saw chop, until I could do a dry fit (while chopping the other end) 
[attachment=26895]
Made sure the plane will fit.
Cool   Got the last corner made....time for the real fun to begin..
Rolleyes  
[attachment=26896]
Glue and a bunch of clamps....box wanted to fold flat on me....diagonal clamp put a stop to that....box's bottom was also glued in place..
Winkgrin 
[attachment=26897]
"I need more clamps!"    trying to get everything clamped up....will let this sit a day.   I did sort out enough slats for the lid..
[attachment=26898]
Should be enough for 2 sides, 2 ends, and a top...
Winkgrin

Picked up a Blue Sharpie tonight....will use that to make the label on the end....
Cool

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Clamps are off, sanding done...
Winkgrin
[attachment=26905]
Test fitted a few block planes..
Uhoh   
[attachment=26908]
Either too much at one end, or
No 
[attachment=26910]
Both ends...finally found one block plane that WILL fit...
Rolleyes
[attachment=26912]
Only if I set the cap iron aside, sticks up too far.   Width of the box was fine.
[attachment=26913]
Corners got a round-over, to make things easier when I put the lid over it..
[attachment=26914]
Box got a coat of stain.   Then set about sizing a cover for this box..
[attachment=26915]
Mitre box to cut the ends square.  

Ran  test of pencils as well...
Uhoh
[attachment=26916]
Old Yeller beat out the 0.5mm Bic .....was hard to see the Bic markings, as the thin lead kept  snapping off,  spent more time advancing the lead, than using it.   Going back to the tried and true No. 2 Yellow.....
If the item to go in the box sticks up too far, then you just make the lid deeper. 
Smile

I like the 0.7 mechanical pencil. It is strong enough not to break (too much) and thick enough to see.
Have a little blue sharpener, to keep the No. 2 pencils working...
Winkgrin   
[attachment=26942]
Decided to change chisels a bit...
Rolleyes
[attachment=26943]
1/4" New Haven Edge Tool Co.    Means fewer fingers to chop, less time spent
Winkgrin   
[attachment=26944]
Thought I was doing pretty good, nice tight joints....until the dry fit...
No
[attachment=26945]
Oooops.
Rolleyes   Should be able to sand that out....rest of the corners were done a bit better...so...
Winkgrin  
[attachment=26946]
Will clean things up tomorrow, after I get back from the MRI on my knee.   Then trim for height, and add the topper....after it is trimmed to fit....then see about a label?
Confused

Stay tuned....
Cool
Thanks for the idea I have a stack of 5/16" oak flooring I tore out with no plans up until now.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The short box ends could supply two ends for new, longer box sides.
The long (but not long enough) box sides are half completed short ends for another set of boxes.
Lemons, lemonade.
Knee, elbow and shoulder turned out to be a little more messed up than first thought....being referred to a "Bone Doctor"   to fix them up.....
No
Next little project?