gun. I have good spray gun. but normally I used this spray gun for all sorts of paints, like wood primer  steel oxide primer and other enamel paint. My question is this ok or shall I buy another cheap one for premier only and keep the good one for enamel paint. 

primers typically need a larger needle/tip than poly,base,enamels, etc. 1.8-2.2. i wouldnt spray primer through my base guns myself.
(05-12-2020, 03:42 AM)alsayyed Wrote: gun. I have good spray gun. but normally I used this spray gun for all sorts of paints, like wood primer  steel oxide primer and other enamel paint. My question is this ok or shall I buy another cheap one for premier only and keep the good one for enamel paint. 

It all depends on what kind of painting and priming you do.  I have read that automotive primers are thicker and need larger fluid nozzles/needles/aircaps to spray properly.  I have sprayed Rustoleum's rusty metal and clean metal primers with the same tips/nozzles with no issues since they are of about the same thickness as the paints themselves.  

I cannot speak too much about wood paint/primers because I have very little experience with them, my experiments with trying to use "automotive style" HVLP spray guns with them is that they are too thick for the nozzles I can get (I even stepped up to a 2.3mm spray gun, the largest I could get locally). But then I was trying to use a Rustoleum latex primer and paint (two separate products, not an all-in-one) for wood and just found I had to thin them to what seemed excessive to get them to spray half-way decent.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
i the first spray gun from eastwood it has 1.4mm needle
the other one is ok but i am curiouse to know what needle size fitted on the second one. i appreciated your answer as always
thanks

(05-12-2020, 06:35 AM)alsayyed Wrote: i the first spray gun from eastwood it has 1.4mm needle
the other one is ok but i am curiouse to know what needle size fitted on the second one. i appreciated your answer as always
thanks

Most say what size they are on the fluid nozzles themselves.  You need to remove the aircap and look around the sides of the fluid nozzle.  Is this second spray gun also from Eastwood?  Did you check their site to see if they still sell it? 

Photos may help ID it if they are no longer carried by Eastwood.  Also, if you are talking about some odd brand  or house brand Chinese made spraygun, it may not be possible to get different or even replacement nozzles/needles.  I have a couple of different HF sprayguns and even though they look the same, the nozzles and needles will not interchange.  There's even an oddball in the ubiquitous $10 purple HF spraygun that is made a bit different and will not interchange parts, DAMHIKT.  And the 2.3mm spraygun I mention earlier looks just like the HF models, it, won't interchange with any of them.  In all cases the nozzles look exactly the same, but the threads are different.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I use a dedicated gun for primer. Decent guns will have information included or on their Specs from the manufacturer that recommend tip, needle and spraycap sizes for primers. The primer manufacturer may also have spray tip size recommendations. The cheaper guns typically won't have these options available. You get what you get. Generally a 2.0 -2.4 tip is used for primers. Google Primer Spray Gun. A primer gun may very well be cheaper than buying a 2.0 tip.

I've used some of the TCP Chinese guns and they're good enough.

TCP Primer gun
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I can't imagine spraying enamel paint through a 1.4 mm N/N set with a gravity feed gun without a lot of thinning.  Is your gun pressure feed?  That would do a lot better with less thinning.  

In any case, an Accuspray gun like this would do everything you need:  LINK  And you can buy other nozzle sizes to spray an even wider range of products.  

John
Go to ebay.com and search for "W71 spray gun 2.0". You can purchase one for between $20.00 and $35.00. I have one and find that it does a good job spraying latex paint with minimal or no thinning. It should be good for the primer you mention. These guns appear to be Iwata W71 knock-offs and have a swivel cup mounted on the side. If you prefer a top mounted cup, the Sprayit brand is similar for a bit more money; $60-$70 I think. They are available through Home Depot.
On one of my sign forums there is a guy that uses a Critter spray gun and gets a real good finish.  He gets orders for signs from all around the world.  The nice thing is the clean up as it uses mason jars for the paint so you just unscrew the jar and put a top on it
Need spray gun advice