This week I was making six repeat cuts of a hard foam used under pavestone.  During the fifth cut the TS became slightly louder and started vibrating.  The belt feels smooth and runs smooth so I guess I have a faulty bearing...somewhere.  Is there a way to isolate or detect which bearing is bad?  The blade seems to take just as long as it use to come to a stop.  I got the Jet Super Saw off of CL probably 12 years ago.  I am way out of my comfort zone any time I have to work with electric motors.

So what advice does the all-knowing brain trust  have for this old man?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

The Super Saw is a hybrid if I recall correctly. This means no motor hanging out the back so disconnecting the motor from the arbor will involve a little digging. Once the belt is off fire up the motor and see if your noise is gone. With the saw unplugged and the blade off, grip the arbor and see if there is any play side to side or in and out. You can also spin the arbor slowly and see if you see, hear or feel any irregularities; it should be smooth as silk. Let's start there. Please let us know what you find.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Loose blade?
VH07V  
Missing a tooth? First thing I would check.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I had a pulley work loose once on the contractor saw.
Belt felt smooth and tight but made a racket.
Have you figured it out yet?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thank you for the replies.  No time today for the shop.  During the initial exam, I used the blade for a couple of turns...so I think the blade is tight.  I will check your suggestions one by one Monday morning and report back.
Check for build up on the blade sides or in the gullet areas. Foam/plastic plus friction often leads to melted substance.
Life happened over the past eight days.  Constant rain made shop time possible.
GeeDub: yes it is a hybrid; with blade and belt off, arbor has no play side to side but in & out there is the tiniest movement, arbor spins smoothly.

EightFingers: the blade was tight

Pirate: all teeth present and accounted for

Gary G: pulleys are tight

Buckhorn: blade is not spotless but no signs of build up

Other results: there was some junk (very small) in the groves of the motor pulley, motor spins smoothly, but......the vibration is there when I run it without the blade.  I cannot feel any play in the shaft.  

Questions: Do I have to stop using the saw?  My first thought is to use the saw until it stops or gets bad enough I'm no longer comfortable using it.  I would love to have a 2hp or 3hp motor, is that a reasonable switch out for a dumb old guy?  I do have 220 near by.
Without the belt on the pulley, is there vibration with the saw on?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

(05-25-2020, 02:42 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Without the belt on the pulley, is there vibration with the saw on?
Yes, sorry, I thought I stated that.
Table Saw Vibration