We have a sectional couch where some of the sectionals the leather is starting to crack on the seat cushions. The cushions are not removable. Is there many way to fix this or do we need to replace the couch? It’s a nice couch otherwise

(06-21-2020, 06:34 AM)crokett™ Wrote: We have a sectional couch where some of the sectionals the leather is starting to crack on the seat cushions.  The cushions are not removable.  Is there many way to fix this or do we need to replace the couch? It’s a nice couch otherwise

This is why grandma used to have afghans laying around.  
Yes
I know a few guys who repair leather car seats. I've seen a few that look pretty good but have never seen one that holds for very long.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Duct tape! Quick and replaceable!
Big Grin
I told my wife the seats aren't easily repairable. That's what I had planned to tell her but I had to 'look into it' first....

Most couches do not have vat dyed leather.  And mine did not even though I insisted on vat dyed leather. 

Over time the sprayed on dyes (more paint than dye), will crack exposing the untreated leather.  Vat dyed leather has the color through and through.

More troubling is that the quality of "bonded leather" (sort of the MDF of leather) has improved enough that they are using it for furniture.  Previously they only used it for book binding and the corners of desk blotters.  Those "leathers" can break down beyond the color finish.

Try using shoe polish in a similar color over the cracks.  Make sure you get all the excess off or you will stain your garments.  If you can color match the cracks with the rest of the leather it will be hardly noticeable.

They do make leather touch-up pens; those did not exist when I made my "repairs" on black leather (an easy color match). 

https://www.amazon.com/leather-touch-up-...uch+up+pen

You do need to get the color right.  Too dark is a problem. Too light can be corrected with  additional coats.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
we're going to fix it with either a throw or a new couch. none of the available options were appealing to me.

What about checking with an upholstery shop to see if they can match/replace the panels? If it's a good quality couch you may still have soemthing better than you can find in the stores now.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Repairing a Cracked Leather Seat