I recently came into acquiring a gold US made Powermatic 60 (8" jointer) that was advertised as having a Baldor 1.5 HP in it.  When I pulled it out at home to replace the belts and see what all I wanted to do I noticed the motor was only a 1.0 HP Baldor SP.   I will most likely put a Byrd head in it as I want to do face planing and realize that will stress the motor out a bit.  I'd like to go into the 2.0 HP range if I can, preferably a Baldor, Dayton or Leeson but would be open to other brands and that it be 3000+ RPM.  The one thing that I don't want to do is screw with a VFD so I ask that it be a single phase.  Thanks for your time.

(06-24-2020, 10:58 AM)PittTrack Wrote: I recently came into acquiring a gold US made Powermatic 60 (8" jointer) that was advertised as having a Baldor 1.5 HP in it.  When I pulled it out at home to replace the belts and see what all I wanted to do I noticed the motor was only a 1.0 HP Baldor SP.   I will most likely put a Byrd head in it as I want to do face planing and realize that will stress the motor out a bit.  I'd like to go into the 2.0 HP range if I can, preferably a Baldor, Dayton or Leeson but would be open to other brands and that it be 3000+ RPM.  The one thing that I don't want to do is screw with a VFD so I ask that it be a single phase.  Thanks for your time.

Location would be nice.

(06-24-2020, 07:02 PM)Western PA / A short drive from Pittsburgh.  If the price is reasonable I am open to shipping it with a prepaid shipping label.  tablesawtom Wrote: Location would be nice.
WTB 2HP or So Single Phase Motor