Photo 
Always wanted to make some Arts and Crafts lamps but never got around to it. Then finally during this flu crisis I did. I did a table lamp first. I designed it with the influence of several different lamps I saw. White oak, mica shade.
[attachment=28051]

I was pretty proud of that so I designed a floor lamp to go with it. QSWO with mica shade. The legs are glue-ups so the QSWO shows on all sides. One leg is hollow to allow the cord to pass through. 
[attachment=28052]

Surprisingly, these did not take very long to make. The lamp portions are made using a template to position the lattice work properly and that helped immensely. Both shades are the same size and again a template was used to make the sides. Aniline dyes with spray satin poly.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.

Both are beautiful!!
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Really nice work!!!!
Where did you buy the mica?
Beautiful lamps. Where did you buy the mica?

(07-03-2020, 04:20 PM)RogerD Wrote: Beautiful lamps.  Where did you buy the mica?

I bought the mica sheets from Asheville Mica. Couple of sizes and finishes available. I was very careful in the layout and when I finished I had just a little left.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
I've always liked that style and your execution is beautiful.

Frank S in IA
Very well done; I too have been meaning to make some similar.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Nicely done. I like the design and execution. These are a bucket list item for me.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Very nice. They are on my to do list. QSWO is my favorite wood. Did you do lock miters on the legs?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Arts and Crafts style lamps