Saw this Stanley 15-1/2 at an antique mall? The guy wants $200, is that too much?

Attached Files Image(s)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin

Looking at that auction site people ask pretty dear money for these. However, there are no solds. So it looks like the market doesn't bear what they were asking which was closer to 280. Shoot someone is even selling just the rear handle for $280 or so. Basically it is a block plane with a detachable rear handle. Is it worth that extra for the ability to use it two handed? On the other hand how many have you ever seen? Make the seller an offer on what you are willing to pay. Often times an antique mall will give 10% just by asking so keep that in mind when making your offer.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Antique Mall had a lot older model
[attachment=28606]
$245 +tax.....# 9-3/4, though...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
They are rare, and I've seen ones in decent condition sell for as much as $325. It's the rear tote that makes them so rare. One without the tote that someone painted black sold for $70 on one website I found.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciate it. The plane was purchased for me as a birthday gift. I’ll find some time to post more pics.
So, after measuring and doing more research, my plane is actually a 9-3/4.

I need to find a detailed type study to figure out exactly what I have.
Hyperkitten to Patrick Leach's "Blood & Gore".
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Stanley 15-1/2