Bought a small cardboard box today....had a few items that may come in handy..
[attachment=28695]
Lots of papers...
[attachment=28696]
Just may save looking up sizes....price of this box?   $15..
But wait, there's more....
[attachment=28697]
Might just come in handy?
[attachment=28698]
Even a metric ruler....
[attachment=28699]
And, something to find the size of a hole?

Not a bad day...
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Nice find. Most of the dividers I’ve found require much more cleaning than those.

I avoid the sales because I’ve hit my saturation point with storage, but occasionally have a relapse.

Stumbled on a sale recently and couldn’t pass up on a few items. Picked up a new old stock 18” Nicholson Bas-tard mill file and a never used multi-form 1000 grit water stone. (Forum software changes the B word to “person” if spelled correctly) That file is a monster and came out of the original shipping box, wrapped in the factory paper.

I could justify picking those up since I don’t already have those tools, but couldn’t justify the 16oz Belknap Bluegrass hammer I had to have. They’re collectible in this part of the Country and are my favorite claw hammers. But, I already had 4 of them. Now I have 5.
John
Bandit, I had better not see you at the Hazen, PA flea market (exit 81) north off Interstate 80, this weekend! Usually many bargains, especially if you look in the boxes under the tables!

Great score, Steve! One can never have too many dividers, though I go between liking the flat legs or round legs better.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Good haul Bandit!!

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Well, color me embarassed and depressed: the Hazen, PA flea market, which has not opened this year, is also shuttered this weekend! This is outdoors! Particularly depressing is, I just arranged my cash, so as to have 1s and 5s on top, with a bunch pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.
www.metaltech-pm.com

(08-01-2020, 07:35 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Well, color me embarassed and depressed:  the Hazen, PA flea market, which has not opened this year, is also shuttered this weekend!  This is outdoors!  Particularly depressing is, I just arranged my cash, so as to have 1s and 5s on top, with a bunch pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.

I was wondering if the Hazen market would be open this year.  I've wanted to get up there to check it out for some time, but other things always seem to get in the way.  Guess I won't worry about it this year.  
No 

I think the local flea market here in Butler has been open, but I haven't gone this season.  Looks like the Tarentum Flea-Tique is operating this year.  It's only open one Sunday a month.  I haven't been to that one at all either.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(08-01-2020, 07:56 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I was wondering if the Hazen market would be open this year.  I've wanted to get up there to check it out for some time, but other things always seem to get in the way.  Guess I won't worry about it this year.  
No 

I think the local flea market here in Butler has been open, but I haven't gone this season.  Looks like the Tarentum Flea-Tique is operating this year.  It's only open one Sunday a month.  I haven't been to that one at all either.

Hazen doesn't have a September date listed, but does have October. If you do come over, bring lots of cash: last year seemed to have an increasing number of guys selling guns (no pistols, but plenty of vintage lever and bolt action). Always old tools to be had!
www.metaltech-pm.com
Just hope that West Liberty, OH. has their Labor Day Tractor Fest......I do a LOT of rust hunting there at Lion's Park....sometimes walking 1-2 miles, walking past all the vendors...haven't heard  yet..whether it's "On", or not...
(07-31-2020, 01:29 PM)bandit571 Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=28699]
And, something to find the size of a hole?
Taper gauges, like the one you show there at the bottom of the photo, can be amazingly useful when you've got a hole, or slot, or something, to measure that's either too small for your smallest inside calipers or in an awkward spot.  Yes, you can measure such things with a full set of drill bits (put in bits until you find the one that fits), but a taper gauge is faster.  Is that one metric only, or do you get fractional measures if you flip it over?  If it's metric only, at least you've got that converter shown in an earlier picture.

Nice haul.
Metric on both sides....labeled as Made in Japan. No. 700, Stainless Steel.

Two different metric scales....one side shows depth of the hole...the other shows the size of the hole...hard to read, most of the markings are in Japanese..
Box lot sale