We bought a cabin on a lake. Previous owners were not neat and tidy. Been cleaning ceiling to floor. Patching walls, ceilings and floors. Like I said they were tramps. Had a 10 yard dumpster heaping hauled away. Putting out a lot of traps and bait. Can't see how people can live like this. Even a couple bullet holes to patch. Any neighbor that has stopped by has had some stories to tell about them. The yard will be later in the fall but it's as bad as the inside for junk.

Is there a mouse resistant foam for some of the holes. Been stuffing  steel wool and then caulking over it. Even used a cut up coffee can for 2 large holes.  A couple places I can't reach to effectively do without a lot of extra work  and some I have to skinny underneath to get. 

If we hadn't bought it for a song I would never have touched it.

Steel wool is all I know of.

We had a real mouse problem when we moved onto this property six years ago. I had 12-15 traps set all the time for several months. All traps were checked, emptied, reset every day, sometimes multiple times per day. As the invasion slackened, I was able to reduce the number of traps. I now only keep five going. Two of them must be near entry points that I haven't been able to find. They're the most likely ones to be set off, though it's now just once or twice every few weeks.

Good luck.
They'll chew through any foam, although closed cell foams are tougher. You can use foam to hold your mesh in place though.

Try sealing from the outside. If you get those holes, the inside home won't matter.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Steel wool will eventually rust.  Try 1/4” or 1/8” (hard to find)galvanized hardware cloth.  They also make stainless screening. In a previous home near a corn field we had good luck with aluminum screening, but only there for two years, so not sure of long term of aluminum.
 Mortar or cement mix also works as a filler.

A lot of ideas here
https://wildlife-damage-management.exten...n-methods/
Instead of steel wool, try those stainless steel scouring pads.  Just pull them apart.  

I think LOML finds them at the dollar store or dollar general for pretty cheap.
I've always heard of using copper wool or copper cloth as opposed to steel wool especially from folks who have campers and RVs.  The copper is thicker and the mice/rodents can't chew through it so it gets caught in their teeth and deters them.
I bought stainless steel wool on Amazon to do a bunch of rodent proofing where my 4 seasons room wood posts contact the ground.   It was a fairly large bundle and even came with gloves to keep from feeling the pain.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(08-06-2020, 10:27 PM)gear jammer Wrote: We bought a cabin on a lake. Previous owners were not neat and tidy. Been cleaning ceiling to floor. Patching walls, ceilings and floors. Like I said they were tramps. Had a 10 yard dumpster heaping hauled away. Putting out a lot of traps and bait. Can't see how people can live like this. Even a couple bullet holes to patch. Any neighbor that has stopped by has had some stories to tell about them. The yard will be later in the fall but it's as bad as the inside for junk.

Is there a mouse resistant foam for some of the holes. Been stuffing  steel wool and then caulking over it. Even used a cut up coffee can for 2 large holes.  A couple places I can't reach to effectively do without a lot of extra work  and some I have to skinny underneath to get. 

If we hadn't bought it for a song I would never have touched it.

We have a travel trailer set up at a seasonal site.  First time leaving the trailer behind.  We had a mouse come and visit.  Luckily we brought are cat and she took care of problem.  We know where it came in.  I went to the local True Value and they did have a spray foam that was supposedly mouse repelling.  Not in front of can so I can't tell you were to look.  Is it going to work?  Too early to tell.
Last time we used Xcluder 162743 Rodent Control Fill Fabric

and Great Stuff 99112809 Smart Dispenser Pestblock.

We shall see..... 
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I used the live capture mouse traps and they worked remarkably well. 

The manufacturer included these warnings.

1.  Do not touch the traps with your hands.  Your scent will drive the mice away from the trap.
(I used nitrile gloves and peanut butter for bait).

2.  Release the captured mice 2 miles from the original location or they will find their way back.
(I released the mice near my office which is 60 miles from my home.)

[Image: dap-spray-foam-insulation-7565012521-64_1000.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Is there mouse resistant foam