Didn't want to hijack the other thread. I have a vintage 12" Craftsman saw that I use for cutting small parts for toys.  Saw has new bearings, tires and drive belt from motor. Seriously looked at Carter guides but the dollars stopped me. What can I say I'm cheap. From the other thread I see resawing mentioned. Are these guides more for a saw you want to use for re-sawing?  It's not something I ever do on the saw, have a 17" Grizzly for that.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.

If I was cutting small parts for toys I'd look at a "band saw stabilizer" from Carter.  I have one on a 10" Inca and really like it.
Here's a link:  https://www.carterproducts.com/catalogse...stabilizer
Give them a call if you don't see your model or are not sure which one fits.  I didn't see one listed for the Inca but when I called they had it.

(08-17-2020, 12:45 PM)dwg Wrote: If I was cutting small parts for toys I'd look at a "band saw stabilizer" from Carter.  I have one on a 10" Inca and really like it.
Here's a link:  https://www.carterproducts.com/catalogse...stabilizer
Give them a call if you don't see your model or are not sure which one fits.  I didn't see one listed for the Inca but when I called they had it.

Did you just get the stabilizer and not the conversion kit?
Jim

There is a good chance
Just got the stabilizer ...seems that is all you need.  I'd give them a call as I found them very nice and helpful.

(08-18-2020, 09:53 AM)dwg Wrote: Just got the stabilizer ...seems that is all you need.  I'd give them a call as I found them very nice and helpful.

I was going to get one several months ago, but the freight stopped me.  Called them this morning, they are right here in Michigan just a couple miles from daughter's home.  Got the SEA2 ordered for my pre 1990 Craftsman 12".  You're right, young lady said all I needed was the stabilizer and not the conversion kit.  Thanks for the push!
Jim

There is a good chance
Stabilizer arrived, didn't expect it until next week. Got it installed without a hitch. Easy install for the Craftsman 12"

Asking here, hoping someone else has had the same issue. It cuts curves great but on straight cuts I have to point the piece slightly to the right to keep the cut from drifting to the left.  1/8" blade cutting 3/4" plywood stock. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?
Jim

There is a good chance

(08-21-2020, 01:23 PM)stoppy Wrote: Stabilizer arrived, didn't expect it until next week. Got it installed without a hitch. Easy install for the Craftsman 12"

Asking here, hoping someone else has had the same issue. It cuts curves great but on straight cuts I have to point the piece slightly to the right to keep the cut from drifting to the left.  1/8" blade cutting 3/4" plywood stock. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?

I had never noticed much trouble making a straight cut so I just went out and tried it.  Cut some 3/4 plywood about 8" long and the saw cut it pretty straight just pushing it along the line I had drawn.   Did you saw have drift with the regular guides?
Not on the 12", I didn't that I know of. I've been cutting on that saw for over 40 years. For all I know I could have been cutting pieces on the line all this time with the same slight cant to the right to hold the blade to the line. That 1/8 inch blade is old, I'll try a new 3/16" blade tomorrow. It also could have something to do with feed rate, because I didn't have any issue starting a straight cut.

On a toatally different note the CAN Council called today and they are accepting toys again. Back to toymaking -- Carter guide will get a work out.
Jim

There is a good chance
Related to BS guide question? Update new ?