I would like to swap out the mechanical switch on my router table with a magnetic one. Does it matter much where I buy it? Are some better than others? I was thinking Grizzly.

Edit: Milwaukee 5625

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

Prob best determined of you want their box or how you want to mount it. A 110v coil contactor and a no and nc momentary set of buttons are the major parts of a mag switch. Some have overload relays.

Simplest is buying a box..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HWRVPRR/ref...sFbR02DMDN

Its prob junky but seems right price for router table needs.

My cnc machines I build my own. I get the look i want and i.like lower voltage 24v control circuits running though buttons i touch.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Maybe 15 years ago I got the one from Rockler for my router table.  I like the paddle off switch...I can hit with my knee.  To be completely honest I've not had the occasion to check the "mag" feature.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
No input, but it's a real good idea. I need to figure that out myself.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(08-30-2020, 03:57 PM)fredhargis Wrote: No input, but it's a real good idea. I need to figure that out myself.

What he said.

Thanks, all. I bought this one from Grizzly. We'll see how it does.

Steelex D4530
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Let us know what you think of the switch, I'll order the same one.  Thanks for bringing this up.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've got a few of these in router tables https://www.grizzly.com/products/Shop-Fo...itch/D4155 Had them 5 or 6 years now with no issues. BUT--i'm thinking they were in the $12-$13 range when i bought them on Amazon. Don't see them there tonight.
earl
Looks like that Grizzly is only rated to 10 amp max and 8 amp nominal. What does your 5625 run at?

They rate that 5625 up to 15 amps 120v. I'd have another better switch ready and waiting to drop in the table. Guessing you will smoke it eventually if you put some load on that router. Don't put it around wood dust either in the install.

120V mag switch choice?