Getting ready to put up deck railing using white oak.  SWMBO has decreed "minimal maintenance" so I'm thinking stain instead of paint or spar varnish

She would like to match the appearance of the front door which is white oak with a urethane finish, no stain.  We used "semi-transparent" stain on our cedar siding for 30 years and like it but don't want any color.

So is there an oil stain that's just oil, no pigmentation, that anyone likes???
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)

Minwax has a clear wood stain.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

stain with no pigment sounds like fat free coffee creamer.   WTH is in that stuff?
Raised
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
I believe a number of folks posted previously about using Sherwin Williams "clear paint" on outdoor wood.  Basically just buying the exterior Deep tint Base and not having any color added.  IIRC, they say it looks milky whit in the can, but drys absolutely clear.  

Can others who have used this method confirm?
coating for White Oak railing