Need to remove outfeed table from Yorkcraft YC-8J. Have done it before, but not in 3 years. Gib screws are loosened. I thought the method was to loosen this screw until it came out, and then slide the table upwards toward the cutter. But this screw stops moving at the end of its travel, and won't come free form the outfeed table.

Please remind me, what am I missing?
[Image: i-njvjCbM-M.jpg]

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

(09-06-2020, 02:54 PM)Aram Wrote: Need to remove outfeed table from Yorkcraft YC-8J. Have done it before, but not in 3 years. Gib screws are loosened. I thought the method was to loosen this screw until it came out, and then slide the table upwards toward the cutter. But this screw stops moving at the end of its travel, and won't come free form the outfeed table.

Please remind me, what am I missing?

Thanks.

Ha! Not the first time I asked this. I found my old thread and realized the cutter head has to come out.

Got the outfeed table off, cleaned, lubed, and back on.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(09-06-2020, 04:16 PM)Aram Wrote: Ha! Not the first time I asked this. I found my old thread and realized the cutter head has to come out.

Got the outfeed table off, cleaned, lubed, and back on.

Laugh
Laugh Thanks for reminding us that it is not just us. We are not alone.
Laugh
Laugh 

Google showed me one of my old WN threads recently when I was looking for info.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

(09-06-2020, 06:43 PM)iclark Wrote:
Laugh
Laugh Thanks for reminding us that it is not just us. We are not alone.
Laugh
Laugh 

Google showed me one of my old WN threads recently when I was looking for info.

I know. Cracks me up every time.
Best,
Aram, always learning

So if you say; "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know." Does that mean you possess an incredible amount of knowledge and have forgotten some, or that your just really close to being senile?
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"

(09-06-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: So if you say; "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know." Does that mean you possess an incredible amount of knowledge and have forgotten some, or that your just really close to being senile?

Yes
Best,
Aram, always learning

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Sliding the table off the dovetails certainly does work and if it seems the easy way for you keep doing it. Most machined ways have a removable gib and it looks like yours is on the left in that picture. Once all the gib adjustment screws are backed out the gib should be able to be slid out the top or bottom. It is that parallelogram shaped strip of steel or cast iron. It may have notches for the gib screws and would need to go back in the same orientation. Once the gib is out the table should be able to be lifted straight off the bed.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Help removing jointer outfeed tabke