So I have a Simpson PW equipped with a Cat pump and a Honda engine. It came with a 25'-3/8" hose. The Simpson hose is truly industrial grade....it's so robust it's really unhandy to use. Uncoiling it is like wrestling with a 1" bandsaw blade. Anyway, I'd like to get a longer hose and one that's a little more manageable...I love to get a 50' Flexilla. Here's my question: the largest size they offer is 5/16". I can live with a little reduced volume (I think) of water but is there something I'm missing that might happen is I use the smaller ID hose?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(09-09-2020, 05:42 AM)fredhargis Wrote: So I have a Simpson PW equipped with a Cat pump and a Honda engine. It came with a 25'-3/8" hose. The Simpson hose is truly industrial grade....it's so robust it's really unhandy to use. Uncoiling it is like wrestling with a 1" bandsaw blade. Anyway, I'd like to get a longer hose and one that's a little more manageable...I love to get a 50' Flexilla. Here's my question: the largest size they offer is 5/16". I can live with a little reduced volume (I think) of water but is there something I'm missing that might happen is I use the smaller ID hose?

I'll tell you what I did, and you can draw from it what you will.

I also have a PW with a Cat pump and Honda engine. It came with a 25' hose.

At the time, they were running a special, where you send in your receipt, and they send you accessories.

One of the accessories was an additional 25' hose, which I connected to my hose, for a total of 50'.

Much more workable.

However, the hose they sent was a size smaller in diameter.... obviously.

Yet, it's never been an issue.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]

(09-09-2020, 08:28 AM)barnowl Wrote: I'll tell you what I did, and you can draw from it what you will.

I also have a PW with a Cat pump and Honda engine. It came with a 25' hose.

At the time, they were running a special, where you send in your receipt, and they send you accessories.

One of the accessories was an additional 25' hose, which I connected to my hose, for a total of 50'.

Much more workable.

However, the hose they sent was a size smaller in diameter.... obviously.

Yet, it's never been an issue.

But to be safe, I'd contact your PW manufacturer. 
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Never go down in hose size on anything especially a pressure washer. You can get 100' lengths of 3/8 hose. 

Does yours have the metric threaded fittings or the standard quick disconnect. Basically when you start seeing the quick disconnects is when you get closer to the pro use machines. Also the pro hoses are allot more flexible than the hard plastic tube types that come with residential units. 

Amazon and Northern tool have a good selection. Northern tool has some of their on sale right now as well. Decent pressure washer hose starts at $1 a foot. Good stuff runs $2+ a foot. Also check locally as there are usually local suppliers that all they do is pressure washers and accesories.
My hose is a QD setup, and the one I have is anything but cheap. It's actually covered with a wire braiding that makes it so stiiff, which is why I want a more flexible hose.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Smaller hose on pressure washer??