I first contacted PC about this 2 weeks ago. Finally got an official response.

[attachment=29935]
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.

(09-30-2020, 01:10 PM)Eurekan Wrote: I first contacted PC about this 2 weeks ago. Finally got an official response.

Problem is, out in the real world - few if any "certified retailers" have any stock.
Looks like English is not the primary language of the DeWalt csr.
VH07V  
It seems that Porter Cable found themselves competing with DeWalt in the same price point/market space.  It seems that one of those products either had to move to  a new price point, or disappear.  The DeWalt designs seem more modern, so I am guessing that drove the decision to end production on the P-C routers.

We may see similar moves on their random orbital sanders and circular saws.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Doe this apply to just PC or to Dewalt routers also? If just PC, it was only a matter of time. Kind of like GM shutting down Pontiac and Oldmobile. Too much redundancy.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill

(10-01-2020, 11:23 AM)AHill Wrote: Doe this apply to just PC or to Dewalt routers also? If just PC, it was only a matter of time.  Kind of like GM shutting down Pontiac and Oldmobile.  Too much redundancy.

um..................you should go read this: 

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.ph...841&page=2

Sleep
I own a few PC routers, but if I was looking to buy a router today, I wouldn't look at the PC routers.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(10-01-2020, 09:05 PM)meackerman Wrote: I own a few PC routers, but if I was looking to buy a router today, I wouldn't look at the PC routers.

Prob. just as well. 

And good thing you aren’t waiting on Grainger as was suggested round here earlier cause they just removed most of the line from their website and changed the expected delivery from Oct. to Nov. on the few they didn’t remove.  Which was changed from Sept. before that. 

Meaning, it’s darn near impossible to buy a new one even if you were inclined.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

St. Roberts MO. Lowes store had a shelf full of 690's the other day. May be the last of the stock.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

PC Routers - CONFIRMED