How do you store your pull saws? I hate drilling holes in handles and they’re too long for the drawers I have available, Appreciate any thoughts and / or pictures. Thanks, John

(10-25-2020, 10:35 AM)jcredding Wrote: How do you store your pull saws?  I hate drilling holes in handles and they’re too long for the drawers I have available, Appreciate any thoughts and / or pictures.  Thanks, John

I store mine this way.

[Image: i-QmmJ8J4-M.jpg]

When I bought my dovetail saw from Stan Covington, he recommended hanging the saws by the handle. He said it helps keep the saw straight. He also said that he personally stores his saws the way I do. If you want to hang by the handle but don't want to drill the handle (I agree), you could hang it from a piece of cord with a slip knot tied on the end.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Thanks for that - very similar to how I store my chisels, so will go that direction and make it today.
(10-25-2020, 10:35 AM)jcredding Wrote: How do you store your pull saws?  I hate drilling holes in handles and they’re too long for the drawers I have available, Appreciate any thoughts and / or pictures.  Thanks, John

This is how Toshio Odate does it.  But his workshop seems to be pretty uncluttered.  

[Image: 98354e6f8afdcc09f426aa9b3cb66793.jpg]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill

(10-27-2020, 10:55 AM)AHill Wrote: This is how Toshio Odate does it.  But his workshop seems to be pretty uncluttered.  

[Image: 98354e6f8afdcc09f426aa9b3cb66793.jpg]

Never head of him before. I'll have to check out his work.  

I'd like to see that big saw off his left shoulder in action.

(10-27-2020, 02:49 PM)stav Wrote: Never head of him before. I'll have to check out his work.  

Odate's book on Japanese tools
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(10-27-2020, 02:49 PM)stav Wrote: I'd like to see that big saw off his left shoulder in action.

I think Wilbur Pan took pictures of an event done last year in New York where that timber saw was used. A rip saw. His web site is https://giantcypress.net/
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(10-27-2020, 02:49 PM)stav Wrote: Never head of him before. I'll have to check out his work.  

He was a frequent contributor to Popular Woodworking.  Pretty well-known Japanese woodworker who emigrated to the US.  Formally trained in Japan.  Just google him.  I took a couple of classes from him.  I don't know if he's active anymore.  He turned 90 in July.  He's on Facebook and has his own website as well.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Mine are stored in a rollaway cabinet drawer with the original sleeve over the blade, except for my most-used razor saw, which just lays on top of the others, ready to be used.
Wood is good. 
Late to the party, but here's mine.
Storing Japanese Pull Saws