My old shop-vac is dying and have to replace it – shop-vac company has closed – looking for any recommendations?

And is anyone using a newer craftsman – that’s what available locally?

Thanks for your info.
jerry

I’m in the same boat, hoping for a Black Friday special.

Thanks for the info on ShopVac. Good to know but sad. Their customer service was top notch.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
I have a Ridgid vac that's been going strong for about 18 or 19 years.

Don't know what Ridgid's customer service is like.  Have never needed it for any of my orange tools.
I had a Ridgid for 15 years or so before it died - more of it my fault about not being good about cleaning/replacing the filter. I replaced it with another Ridgid a couple of years ago. Added a Duststopper a couple of months ago. Works great.
Dave

I got a Ridgid a few years ago--black friday special. Ear muffs are an absolute necessity.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(11-21-2020, 05:21 PM)shoottmx Wrote: I got a Ridgid a few years ago--black friday special. Ear muffs are an absolute necessity.

g

Yeah, it's not pleasant.  My previous vac was a small hand-held Craftsman that seemed to be as loud as a jet fighter.  The Ridgid, though much larger, was an improvement over that little C-Man.

(11-21-2020, 05:59 PM)WxMan Wrote: Yeah, it's not pleasant.  My previous vac was a small hand-held Craftsman that seemed to be as loud as a jet fighter.  The Ridgid, though much larger, was an improvement over that little C-Man.

I was looking at the Ridgid this afternoon, because  I have one here in Texas doesn't blow dust all over creation like the small ShopVac brand I have in Nebraska.  That thing is effectively useless indoors, so I'm looking for a new Ridgid to take north.
Anyone have one of the new Rikon vacs?  Wondering how loud it is?

Lonnie
(11-21-2020, 10:29 AM)jcousins2 Wrote: My old shop-vac is dying and have to replace it – shop-vac company has closed – looking for any recommendations?

And is anyone using a newer craftsman – that’s what available locally?

Thanks for your info.
jerry

I built a cyclone using I believe is a 16 gallon Ridgid from Home Depot. The cyclone is from Oneida using a 5 gallon bucket. I saw a video on You tube. The model in the video is no longer available. It works great and after almost a year I have never emptied the vacuum yet, just the bucket that sits on top. It's not overly noisy but I wear hearing protection. 

Here's the link. The cyclone he used you can get from Home Depot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBuRjO54NM

(11-21-2020, 09:04 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: I built a cyclone using I believe is a 16 gallon Ridgid from Home Depot. The cyclone is from Oneida using a 5 gallon bucket. I saw a video on You tube. The model in the video is no longer available. It works great and after almost a year I have never emptied the vacuum yet, just the bucket that sits on top. It's not overly noisy but I wear hearing protection. 

Here's the link. The cyclone he used you can get from Home Depot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBuRjO54NM

Mike - Looks like what you have is the Duststopper available at Home Depot. I built a cabinet for mine.
Dave

shop vac advice