Can anyone tell me where I can find a manual for a Powermatic 80S Oscillating Edge Sander?  Amazingly enough, this is the first thing I haven't been able to find using a Google search.

Many thanks!

Is it one of these by chance?

www.powermatic.com/us/en/site-search/?s=80s oscillating edge sander
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry

(11-29-2020, 09:30 AM)museumguy Wrote: Is it one of these by chance?

www.powermatic.com/us/en/site-search/?s=80s oscillating edge sander

Thanks, but no.  I checked those out before posting here.

I’ve also asked Powermatic how I can obtain one.

I don’t believe the sander is old enough for the manual to not be available.

I appreciate your reply anyway.
I figured you had checked that site, just gave it a shot. Very strange that you can't find a manual.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I agree.

I moved and had my sander in storage for about a year. Now I’m setting up my shop and tuning up my machines and I’m having a problem with my edge sander tracking. The manual for the newer sander says to rotate the tracking screw counter clockwise to raise the belt. I’ve turned it 3 full rotations, 1 at a time, but I’m still having a problem.

The manual says to make only minor adjustments, so what I’ve done seems excessive but the belt continues to track to the bottom of the right roller.

I also inspected the sanding belt, but it seems fine and as tight as a new one.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks again!
KevMel
i wonder if the jet counter part
jet model # OES 80CS would get you close enough
i have that sander and i just looked a manual is available for it it has the directions on tracking the belt my experience is the tracking only has to be moved SMALL INCREMENTS
It still will not track i would be very suspicious of the belt having a set in it that tracking will not overcome
Used to be a seller on ebay that had all kinds of reprinted manuals.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks, guys.  I’ll checkout the Jet OES 80CS manual and eBay.

I’ll report back if I’m successful and if I can figure it out.  I have a feeling my sander may turn the tracking adjuster clockwise to raise the belt.

I appreciate your help!

(11-29-2020, 07:24 PM)KevMel Wrote: Thanks, guys.  I’ll checkout the Jet OES 80CS manual and eBay.

I’ll report back if I’m successful and if I can figure it out.  I have a feeling my sander may turn the tracking adjuster clockwise to raise the belt.

I appreciate your help!

Jet has that manual on their site

Microsoft Word - M-708447 OES-80CS Sander - Rev C2.doc (jettools.com)

--
See ya later,
Bill
How about if you take the belt off and turn the tracking knob? The place I used to work had a problem with our edge sander. One of the guys there took the belt off, turned the knob and found out that it wasn't moving properly. Turns out, lots of debris. The whole system was cleaned and lubed. Worked great after that.

Garry
Powermatic 80S Oscillating Edge Sander