So this happened. I finally placed the order for the Deluxe edition of Roubo on Furniture from Lee Valley. It was my birthday just a few days ago, and I had gift cards to soften the dip in my wallet.

It hit me right after submitting the order that a signed copy by one of the most successful toolmaker of our generation, Robin Lee, would be plain awesome. So I immediately sent an email to Customer Service asking that if it was at all possible, that I would be thrilled to have Robin sign my book.

I never got a reply but someone at the other end of the Customer Service mailbox went above and beyond and took the time to make it happen. To that person, thank you very much.

That thing is huge!
The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well.

Yes,  every time you say to your self, well, LV will never top that in customer service,  they come through and prove you wrong.  Great work by LV .   Hope you enjoy the book.

(11-30-2020, 08:08 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Yes,  every time you say to your self, well, LV will never top that in customer service,  they come through and prove you wrong.  Great work by LV .   Hope you enjoy the book.

Absolutely true.

and thanks to Joel for sharing. very cool.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I have the plain Jane version of the marquetry book.  One of my favorite books.  Let us know what you think of the content.

Lonnie

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Rob Lee and Lee Valley, the epitome of Customer Service - Happy Birthday, enjoy and thanks for sharing!

Doug
They do not come any better than Rob Lee. I entirely admire the man.

I had something similar happen a couple or so years ago. I ordered a bronze # 4 from LN shortly after New Years. The plane was a gift and was to be engraved by Cloudy so I requested that it be thoroughly inspected by someone who knew what they were doing (obviously non-returnable if there was a defect.) The engraving plan had to be altered because the plane came signed by Thomas Lie-Nielson.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Deluxe Roubo on Furniture