Hi there! Conover Lathe for sale. It’s set up with laminated beds taller than specified, and I will provide new, undrilled poplar beds already milled to the suggested dimensions. Also provided are different bolts for a more vintage aesthetic. The lathe came with some kind of chuck system, which will be included. Please ask questions, and I will try to get some better information and pics up. $1200 obo, local pickup only, zip code 47401.

Here’s the update and pictures. Apparently I’m not in that much of a rush to sell it. I’ll add more details subsequently.

Hey John, good to see you around! I’ve wanted one of those lathes for ever, but afraid we are not local to each other! Did you get something else or no longer making Windsors?

Hope all is well.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Hope all is well! I’ve been incognito for awhile. I followed your Instagram from my anonymous account while I was still on social media a couple years ago. I haven’t done any woodworking for a while, and almost all my tools are dry-docked. I put together a couple of tool chests with my favorite hand tools though. Thinking about selling almost all of my big machines, and focusing on chairs and acoustic guitars when I start back in to woodworking.

Typed this sitting in a chair I made with Dave Sawyer...
Sounds good to me. And that chair you made with Dave is priceless. I think anyone that was fortunate enough to build a chair with Dave and also JA have had experiences that will perhaps not happen again in our lifetime. Good luck with everything. Sure wish we were closer or things weren’t so nutty right now as I’d even make a road trip out to you to grab that lathe. Chairs and guitars sounds like a good gig to me!

Take care,
Kevin
Pictures, best I can do right now.
(12-03-2020, 11:45 AM)john jesseph Wrote: Hi there! Conover Lathe for sale. It’s set up with laminated beds taller than specified, and I will provide new, undrilled poplar beds already milled to the suggested dimensions. Also provided are different bolts for a more vintage aesthetic. The lathe came with some kind of chuck system, which will be included. Please ask questions, and I will try to get some better information and pics up. $1200 obo, local pickup only, zip code 47401.

Here’s the update and pictures. Apparently I’m not in that much of a rush to sell it. I’ll add more details subsequently.

Hi John!

Spotted your post and wanted to ask if you still have your conover?  I’m a fan of Ernie, his tools and coaching.
My email is izfr5@yahoo.com and my phone is 678-296-0250.  

Mitch
Bumping this. Still available. I’ll add pictures of the bed timbers I milled, and some more details if anyone is interested.

I’m selling a few other things like an old Unisaw that’s decent, and a rough Delta Heavy Duty Shaper for parts…
I liked the lathes also and thought if a person needed a longer bed they could make another one or a shorter one to and just bolt them on.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I agree. That’s why they seem to be popular with architectural turners. Unlimited bed length.
Someone needs to jump on this, it is such a great lathe from a pure machining standpoint. Plus, it just looks like a lathe should look and is so versatile in that you can choose virtually any length bed you want. Grab it!

Kevin
No longer for sale: Conover Lathe For Sale 47401